- 8 -

"Still can't believe you have a private plane" I said once we got off

"I travel a lot and waiting on a plane is a slight inconvenience"

"Right" I dragged. Must be rich people problems. The sun was shining bright as I started to smile. As much as my family irritates me, I was ready to see them all. I glanced over to see a few bigger guys loading our bags into the car.

"Um who are they?" I asked. Saige glanced over at the two guys.

"My bodyguards" he saw the look on my face. "I can't go no place without them"

"I mean I understand but look at them— they're huge... no offense" one of them waved me off as he continued to walk over to the second car.

"For the sake of the trip, they will be in the shadows. No one will know they are with us.. I promise" he grabbed the passenger door opening it.

"If you say so" I climbed inside and waited patiently. I was starting to regret my choices leading up to this. Maybe I shouldn't have lied knowing how my mom can get.

"Relax, everything will be fine" he said squeezing my hand. I gave a small smile as he started the car up.

"I think this will be the first I ever seen you drive" he reversed out of the spot.

"I figured I'll try to blend in more and avoid the fancy cars and personal drivers" he had one hand on the gear as he started to drive. 

"I kind of realized we don't know too much about one another and my family loves to drill people"

"Ennessey" I looked over at him from my phone.

"Yes?"

"We got this, don't stress"

"I'm trying not to but I don't want them to see through my facade" he chuckled.

"They won't, just trust me" I sigh nodding as the rest of the drive we made small talk about his other assets. By the time we pulled up to the three story house sitting on acres of land, a smile grew upon my face. Not much has changed. The same rusty swinging chair was still in tact on the wrap around pouch as well as the flowers I helped my grandmother plant.

Just being home made me feel younger all over again. I didn't realize that Saige got out of the car until he opened my door. I smiled up at him as I took a glance behind us. The second car with his bodyguards were no where in sight just like he said.

"You finally look relaxed" he mentioned as he took our bags out of the truck.

"That's what this place can do for you" I looked at the house seeing the blinds snapping shut. So damn nosey. He slipped his hand into mine and I instantly stiffened.

"You know if you want this fib of yours to work then you have to act like my girlfriend" he spoke raising my hand to his lips. A smirk rose on his face. "This is going to be fun"