- 19 -

What began as a weekend away turned into almost a month

               What began as a weekend away turned into almost a month. Saige informed me that he needed to be in Georgia due to family matters. After the first week, I was beginning to feel lonely at the office and at home. I was so use to being underneath him 24/7 that it became our routine. We talked here and there but not nearly as much as I would've wanted too. I was giving him his space since I knew family was a touchy topic to talk about.

While he was out of the office, Dahlia stepped up at liaison and continued our weekly meeting as usual. Every so often he would join in through the office phone if matters called for it.

"Men just have a hard time expressing their emotions right. He may not have hinted it but I'm sure he wants his girlfriend by his side" Solani said. I was currently chilling in my living room watching roll bounce when she called me.

"I know it's just"— I sighed taking a sip of my wine —"I don't want to overstep boundaries, Saige says little to none about his father or mother... hell even Silas skips over it"

"Well when was the last time you guys talked about his family?" I chewed slightly on my bottom lip as I pondered that question.

"Honestly every conversation was vague, the last time was probably when we visited my family" here and there he would bring up things about them but he would never let me in on too much that was going on. Even after seven months of knowing one another, he knew more about me than I did of him.

It was like he wasn't comfortable to be vulnerable around me. To let me in and cater towards those half-closed wounds. I knew the relationship with his father was built on unstable ground.

"Girl if you don't call that man and tell him you're on the way to Georgia right now. He was there for you and now it's your turn to hold him in your arms" I sighed.

"But- Aht, don't even." I pressed my lips together. "Look I have to get back to work before my boss gets back"

I thought back to my deal with Peyton and was slightly relieved about what I pulled off. We were able to get Willow on her good side again and as promised, she set up a job opening for Solani. There was a person in the process of transferring offices and the position needed to be filled as soon as possible.

"Okay talk to you later" she hung up as I stared down at my phone. Hesitantly, I pressed the dial button for his number and waited patiently. After three rings I was gonna hang up the phone when his deep baritone voice flowed through the speaker.

"Wassup baby" I smiled warmly. "Everything good?"

"Hi love and yes... I wanted to call and check in on you" it was quiet when I heard a sigh.

"Whats going on?"

"Honestly a lot. We discovered something a few weeks ago that has torn my mother apart" I played with my bracelet as I waited for an explained response but nothing came.