- 17 -

As soon as I walked into Orchard & Co, there was nothing but happy faces and calm chatter

As soon as I walked into Orchard & Co, there was nothing but happy faces and calm chatter. I raised my eyebrows confused as I took a glance around.

"Good morning Ms. Brown" the receptionist said with a smile. I gave a smile with a wave as I made my way to my desk. Everyone seemed chill and actually enjoying themselves.

"Wow you look really good today, I've been meaning to ask where you get your business attire" one of the other agents asked as she spun her chair towards me.

"Mainly online or my bestfriend" perks of having a friend who creates clothes. My closet is piled with pieces she made just for me.

"Dang a personal stylist, would you mind sliding me her number"

"Oh um sure" I dug in my purse looking for her business card. "Did I miss something, the atmosphere—seems more lively"

"Because the witch is sick" Nia said doing a little shimmy. I passed the card to the girl before turning my attention to Nia.

"Shes worked while being sick before"

"I'm not talking common cold, like she couldn't even get out of bed so Peyton is in charge for the time being" I dropped my mouth surprised. As much as I don't like the woman, I still hoped she got better.

"Her assistant Peyton?"

"ENNESSEY" I glanced up looking at a flustered Peyton who was rushing towards me. "Oh thank god you're here"

"You okay boo?" Nia asked concerned. Peyton pushed her clammy hair out of her face as she clicked around on her iPad.

"Do I look okay? Willow just decides to put me in charge like Im capable of running a whole business. Like there isn't qualified designers who can do this way better than me" her phone started ringing as she quickly answered. "Hold please"

"Okay take a deep breath, what do you need?" I asked as she took a couple deep breaths. Nia grabbed her phone and walked off to talk to whoever was holding on the line.

"Willow has appearances on talk shows she was suppose to attend this week and she wants me to go in her place. Then some of her clients are finalizing their deals but I never closed one in my life." She rambled quickly as she shuffled through the large folder in her hand

"I can get you prepared for the talk show and I'll help with the closings, okay?" She shook her head.

"I was hoping you would go in my place, you're way more easy going than I am. I mean look at me, I'm all over the place" I mean she wasn't lying. Her strawberry blonde hair was oily and pulled into a ponytail. Her dress has a few wrinkles and I assume a coffee stain. She was frazzled for sure.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. You know Willow would choose me last out of everyone here"

"She would never admit this but she is jealous of how qualified you are for this career. It took almost a decade for her to get recognized and it only took you a week. Rather she likes it or not, you're the best candidate to go on the talk show"