14- Compras

~Song: Miami

~Song: Miami

"Remind me again why we had to walk across to town to go shopping?" Finn asked for like the 14th time.

He made sure to point out every other surf shop on the way here. Which I knew about all of them, I'd lived and surfed here my whole life.

"Because if you want surf gear, I'm going to take you to the best place in town." I said with an eye roll.

I pushed open the glass door to the shop and immediately welcomed the air conditioning.

"Oh! Hola Nora!" Bradys sister said welcoming me into her shop

With Brady being my surf instructor, I starting shopping here more frequently. In fact I was more like a regular.

"Hola, Elena." I replied with a smile

Bradys entire family moved from Mexico a few years ago, their English was fine, but they preferred Spanish if they could.

"Mi amigo necesito equipo de surf." I explained and she just nodded her head allowing me to pull Finn through the large store.

Finn looked at me slightly confused

"Since when do you speak Spanish?"

I rolled my eyes as we made our way over to a collection of wax and fins.

"I don't, at least not well. Just enough to understand what my surf instructor is saying when he's angery."

Finn let out a small laugh, picking up a basic black fin and checking its size.

"You don't really talk about your surfing that much." He stated before grabbing two more of the black fins and placing them in the basket.

I shrugged, biting my lip slightly. Finn looked at me with a soft smile that made me melt inside, almost saying 'its ok, I'm hear to listen.'

Truth was, after my year with the brookies, it was hard to talk about my surfing with out thinking about everything that had happened.

I was terrified of being that person again, terrified of being around Josh, and terrified that if I spoke about it people (who didn't know) would think badly about me.

"Yeah, I don't really like to talk about me surfing." I said hesitantly

"Just like how you don't talk about your partnership with O'Neil?"

I looked at him in shock, who told him?

Finn just shook his head the smile never fading.

"When you spend all day at the docks you hear things." He explained, "but still, not a big fan of talking about it?"

I sighed averting my gaze to the 50 different types of wax in front of me. Fomie wax, hot wax, cool wax, sex wax, sticky bumbs.

"I never want people to think I'm bragging, you know?" I said picking up a box of sex wax labeled 'cool' and placing it in Finns basket.