(BONUS CHAPTER)

(so when you see these, these are BONUS CHAPTERS!!
So these are little moments that happen, which are outside of Star and Luna's POV!
Either they'll be Lost Boys pov, Emerson, or Frog Brothers)

(Enjoy a little sneak into the other characters minds!🤭🤫)

***
DAVID

"I don't like this," Paul exhales his puff of smoke, quickly breathing in another inhale.
Whenever he's stressed, or pissed off, he smokes his cigarettes a little harder then usual.

I let my head roll so that I can see his disgruntled face.
He's made his point very clear these past couple hours, ever since Luna went back home.
"There's not much we can do about it," I shrug, "besides, she could be useful."

"How?" Paul grumbles, flicking his cig butt. "Beside being a pain in the ass?"
"No," I sigh, annoyed at Paul's sassy tongue. "Luna appears to be close to the one we're after...Michael Emerson."

"Yeah, so?"

"So?" I ask, both surprised and not surprised at Paul's intellect.
He's never been the brightest crayon in the box.

So, I'll have to explain this for him.
"Star is Luna's sister. And we NEED Michael to be Star's first kill."
"Why him though?!" Paul asks, "can't it be anyone else beside him?"

"Yeah, it could be anyone else, but I want it to be Michael," I grumble, fingers digging in my arms. "He's been giving goo goo eyes at my mate ever since he moved here."
Michael had seen Star long before Luna came into the picture.

Immediately, Michael started giving her the stare.
The same stare that makes my skin crawl.
The same stare that screams CRUSH.

I feel my fangs explode.
I'd kill him myself, but it's better if Star does it.
Then, she'll become a full vampire, and then she'll be my mate.

"And what of Luna?" Paul asks, breaking my train of thought. "What are we going to do with her?"
What are we gonna do with her?

We could turn her into one of us... we've done that before.
Then again...that's tricky.
For some reason, with me and the other guys, our past memories of who we originally were were wiped clean when we drank the bottle.

But when it came to Star, she still remembered.
I've wondered about this for a long time, but deep down I think the answer is simple.
The reason we forgot our pasts was probably because nothing would keep us attached to it.

Not a happy memory.
Not a family. Lover. Friend.
Absolutely nothing.

But for Star--realization finally hit me--it was Luna.
Luna kept Star from forgetting her memories.
If the same were to happen to Luna if we turned her into a vampire, it could be bad on our part.

I sigh, letting my back fall against the cave wall.
"If there are any problems, I'll ask Max. He'll know what to do."
"Yeah," Paul's eyes raise to see Star come into view.

I stare at her.

She holds a small blanket wrapped around herself, her dark curly hair falling past her shoulders and her brown eyes meeting mine.
I smirk.

She instantly inhales a sharp breath, turning and going into her little room.
Her escape.
Paul glances at me. "Dude, why her?" He asks through a sigh, "don't tell me you actually love her."

"It's not about love," I reply, pushing myself off the wall, "it's about power."
I can sense that Star will be a strong full blooded vampire.
Imagine...her and I, taking over the nights of Santa Carla.
We would be feared. We would be unstoppable.
But deep down...I do love her.
She's my possession.

Paul shakes his head, walking away. "Whatever." He says, before he disappears into the dark.
It's almost sunrise, but there are still a few moments left before I need to leave.
I enter Star's room.

She looks over her shoulder at me. "David," she exhales, one hand over her heart. "Is there anything you need?"
"No," I reply, hands in my pockets as I approach her, slowly. "But how are you feeling?"

Her brow furrows for a moment, as if she's surprised that I'm asking how she is.
But, she smiles softly. "I'm okay. I uh...I'm sorry about everything."

By everything, she means Luna. Her past that she never revealed to us.
I shrug. "Water under the bridge." I reply, "I think Luna won't tell anyone."
Its a lie...I don't trust Luna, nor do I like her, but if it means getting on Star's good side, then I'm all for it.

She smiles again. "I think so too," she whispers, before her smile fades away when my hands reach up and cup her cheeks.
My thumbs brush against her skin, her soft, creamy skin...

"You know I love you, right?" I whisper, finger delicately trailing down her neck, stopping where I feel the blood pumping through her vein.
She inhales a sharp breath, hands motionless at her side.
"Yes," she replies, refusing to meet my gaze.

I cup her chin, tilting her head so that she stares into my eyes.
"I would do anything to make you happy," I say, eyes lingering on her lips...
She's too scared to move away, she stands completely still.
A shame, I wish she'd show some sort of emotion...

I bring my mouth to hers in a devouring kiss. One that makes my hands reach up and grip her hair, pulling her closer.
I gently prick her lip with my fang, and that's when she aggressively pushes me away, gasping for air.

She stands there in complete shock, her hair a mess, and her lip bleeding just a little.
I lick her blood off my tooth.
So sweet tasting...

I smirk. "One day, Star, you'll realize that you need me. One day, you'll let me in."
"No," she whispers, hand tightly clutching her blanket. "Never..."
Hard to get, huh?

I like that.
It makes it more fun...

I take my leave from her room, exhaling a deep breath and fixing my jacket.
I have no need to worry.
I always get what I want in the end.