||20||

I walked hand in hand with Seth as we headed down the hallway. Ryan was next to us.

"So you and Marissa? Did you guys break up or are you on a break?" Seth asked.

"I don't know, I guess we're just not seeing each other." Ryan told him.

"Oh except you will see each other. Each day at school for the next two years." Seth reminded him.

"Right, well, we'll just go back to being friends." Ryan stated and Seth and I shared a look.

"Ry, when were you two ever friends?"

"Yeah, when you were spooning in Tijuana or beating up her boyfriend?" Seth added and Ryan looked at the both of us, not amused.

"Yeah, that doesn't mean we can't be friends now."

"I don't know." Seth stated.

"Think I'll have to see her today?" Ryan asked suddenly.

Seth's phone rang again. "Who do I know from the 909?" He asked in confusion. Ryan and I shared a look, knowing that was the local number around Chino.

"Nobody. Hello." Ryan said, taking the phone.

Ryan spoke for a moment and I knew it was Theresa. Ryan hung up and handed the phone back to Seth.

"That was Theresa, she's in town, wants to hang out." Ryan said and I grinned.

"As a friend." Ryan added seeing my smile.

"Wow, first Marissa, then Theresa, who knew Ryan Atwood was so friendly?" Seth joked.

~~~~
I sat in my room doing some homework when Seth walked in. I placed my book on the nightstand and smiled at him.

"Hey."

"I brought Captain Oats. Figured Sparkles would want his company." Seth said and I grinned as he sat Captain Oats beside Sparkles.

"Did you know Marissa's here?"

"Really? Isn't Theresa coming to hang out with Ryan?" I asked.

"Yeah, that should be nice and awkward when the two meet again." Seth said and I smiled.

"Well, Ryan does thrive in awkward situations." I stated.

"Have I kissed you today?" Seth asked me suddenly and I glanced over at him, pretending to think.

"Hmm, no." I said, going to kiss him. I smiled slightly as Seth pulled me into his lap. Seth's hands tangled in my hair as we kissed.

There was a knock on my door. "Come in." I said, hurriedly sliding off of Seths lap and fixing my hair.

Sandy walked in, looking between the two of us momentarily. I flushed.

"Hey, you two. Kirsten wanted me to tell you dinners ready. I guess you being in here saved me a trip." Sandy joked to Seth and I grinned.

"Yeah, um, we'll be right down." Seth said.

"Alright." Sandy said, looking between us once more before leaving the room. I glanced over at Seth and laughed. "Obviously you don't thrive in awkward situations." I joked and he ruffled my hair.

"Come on, let's go eat." I told him, hopping up and grabbing his hand.

The two of us headed downstairs to find Ryan, Kirsten and Seth already seated. It was a little awkward as the three of them kept staring at the two of us. 

I sat down beside Seth, going ahead and filling my plate in an attempt to escape the awkwardness.

"Uh, Seth, you got a little.." Sandy trailed off, gesturing to Seth's mouth.