||45||

I sat in the kitchen with Seth and Ryan, feeling helpless and worried about Trey.

"Hungry?" Seth asked the two of us and I shook my head, as did Ryan. "Me neither."

Ryan sighed and I placed my hand on his arm. Seth also walked over and sat beside us.

"Hey, you two cannot blame yourselves, alright? All you did was give Trey a chance and you believed in him. Whatever he did at Marissa's party, that's all on him."

"The thing is I don't think he did it." I told Seth and Ryan nodded. "Ally's right. I mean Treys a lot of things, but I don't think he's a drug dealer."

"Ok so then, what the cops showed up and asked who's responsible for the girl floating in the pool and he was like what- I'm an ex-con on parole, I know I'll say me."

"No I think that when the cops showed up and went to put the cuffs on Marissa, he did what he had to do to stop them." Ryan stated and I nodded.

"What makes you say that?" Seth asked.

"He was about to do the same thing. So was I." I told Seth, who laughed.

"Sure the compulsive need to rescue Marissa Cooper must be in the Atwood D.N.A."

"It would explain a lot." Ryan told him.

"Well look, the good news is if he really didn't do it, then my dad will get him off."

"Oh I wouldn't be so sure about that." Sandy stated as he and a very tired looking Trey walked in. Ryan and I jumped up immediately and walked over to Trey. I didn't hesitate to pull him into a hug, as did Ryan.

Trey looked surprised, but happy as Ryan and I stepped back.

"I thought you two would be mad at me." Trey said.

"Why would we be mad at you? I mean, you didn't do it, right?" Ryan asked with a smile.

"No way man, no way. It's just when I saw them about to take Marissa off, I had to do something."

"From the gallantry and or stupidity with defences to felony dealing charges, he'd be a free man. Here, why don't you get settled in the pool house?" Sandy suggested, handing Trey a cup of coffee.

"You're staying with us again?" I asked Trey, who looked over at me.

"I am in Sandy's custody. It's the only way he could get the judge to not lock me up." Trey told us before walking out of the kitchen.

"You couldn't get him off?" Seth asked Sandy.

"Well you know the old expression- no good deed goes unpunished- well Trey is facing hard time."

I glanced at Ryan and Seth in worry.

"I'm gonna go make some calls." Sandy told us before leaving the kitchen.

"We have to do something." Ryan stated.

"Okay, but the buddy cop thing that's just a metaphor, we're not actually supposed to solve crimes." Seth told Ryan.

"He's our brother, we've got to help him. And if that means finding the person responsible.." I trailed off.

"Are you thinking of the three of us going undercover in a high school sting operation? Because that would be very Twenty-One Jump Street of you, Ally." Seth told me and I smiled.

"Whatever it takes."

"Yeah okay, I get to be Richard Grieco."

~~~~
I walked with Ryan and Marissa into the hallway at school.