||27||

Things had changed throughout the summer. I stayed with Ryan and Theresa at her mom's house. Ryan worked a construction job while I waitressed nearly every night. Sandy still kept in touch and checked up on us, but I'd heard nothing from Seth.

Seth was a whole other thing entirely. He'd sailed away after we'd left, and hadn't came home. According to Sandy, he was staying with Luke and his father.

The time away from Seth had sort of healed my hurt. And replaced it with anger. I was angry that Seth never called. I was angry that he didn't think we could've worked it out. And I was even more angry that he had the nerve to sail away and leave us all behind.

I sat with Theresa and Ryan in her car as she pulled up to Ryan's construction site. She had been giving birth of us rides since we didn't have a car.

"Alright that's good, thanks for the ride." Ryan said, stepping out.

"Oh, don't forget your lunch. I peeled your orange for you." Theresa told him with a smile.

Ryan smiled back, but I could see his hesitance. I knew he was still in love with Marissa.

"Thanks, but it's probably not the best way to fit in with these guys."

"Alright well uh-"

"Yeah, you don't want the foreman to get angry."

"Oh he's always angry, he's an angry man."

"Maybe tonight we could rent a movie, play pool or something." Theresa suggested to Ryan and I.

"Pool sounds great." I told her and Ryan nodded.

"Bye, Ry." I called as he waved goodbye to us.

I didn't miss the way Theresa sighed as we drove off. Maybe she saw how much Ryan and I missed the Cohens. Even if Seth and I weren't together anymore, I still missed him. Although, if I came face to face with him, I'd probably punch him.

~~~~~
The next morning I woke up to the sound of Ryan's alarm blaring. I quickly got dressed and walked into the kitchen where Theresa was cooking.

"Breakfast is ready. My mom left early, so there's plenty of food."

"Thanks." I told her grabbing a plate, but stopped as I saw two plane tickets sitting on the table.

"What's this?" I asked as Ryan walked in.

"Uh, nothing. Sandy wants you and I to help convince Seth to come home." Ryan stated and I winced.

"So you just weren't gonna tell me?"

"I was, I just didn't know if you wanted to help since you and Seth are-"

"I still care about him."

"I know. Anyways, Seth is still angry. I guess he blames his parents."

"I can't imagine what he thinks about me. So are you two gonna go to Portland?"

"I'm not sur-"

"You should go if you want to go." Theresa stated.

"Its for them to figure out, as a family." Ryan told her.

"You're not a part of their family?" Theresa asked Ryan. "Not anymore. I should head to work." Ryan said, kissing Theresa the cheek before leaving.

I sighed and glanced back at the two plane tickets on the table.

~~~~
The next day, I had packed my bag. I knew that even if Ryan didn't go to Portland, I was going. No matter what happened with Seth and I, I still wanted to help.