chapter 9 .

Chicago IL.
9:45 p.m. von's pov

i got just got out the shower walking into my bedroom.. i looked over & saw lee laying on my bed. we been chillin all day simply because lee hasn't been in the mood & her body has been aching all day.. i just feel so bad for my baby.

von had a towel around his waist with water dripping down his body. he looked over and saw her staring.. he could tell she had something heavy on her mind.

von dried off putting on his boxers, basketball shorts, long white nike socks, and no shirt. he went over to the bed getting in beside her wrapping her arms around her waist.

"you good ma ? you pale" he said rubbing her stomach .

"yes im good baby, i just needed your touch" she said laying her head on his chest .

lee loved laying on von's chest because listening to his heartbeat always calmed her down and relaxed her.

"mamas ?" He questioned looking down at her.

"yes stink ?" she said

"lemme take you the hospital tomorrow.." he said

"baeee, im fine & i hate hospitals yk that" she said whining.

"ik baby, but something wrong.. you been off for 3 days now .." he said ..

"please" he begged ..

"i just wanna make sure you okay .. & hopefully they can give you some medicine that will help you get back to your normal self cus ion like seeing you in pain like this" he said

"okay bae, I'll go" she said smiling up at him.

(the next day)

Chicago, Illinois - 10:35 a.m.

kaliyah's <pov>

von scheduled me a last minute appointment last night .. for 10:45 . we are currently in the waiting room & my anxiety was sky high. my legs were shaking so fast & my hands were sweaty . i guess von noticed because he grabbed my hand caressing it softly .

"aye mamas, you gone be good no matter what happens you got me yk that" he said kissing her forehead ..

as they were waiting lee felt her phone vibrate in her hand .. she looked down & saw it was a message from india.

(best friend is india) (bestieboo is lee)

bestfriend🫂: heyy bookie, von told me yall was at the doctor for you to get checked out.. im glad you went ! i love you so much.. no matter what happens .. I gotchu 4L 🤞🏾.

bestieboo💟: heyy indiii baeeee 🤞🏾, girl im glad im came to hopefully they'll give me something to help me get better! i love you so much more.. forever grateful for you.. my bestie 4L 🥺💕.

doctor: kaliyah robins ?

von & lee got up as von led her to the back holding her hand.. once in the room.. von sat in the chair behind the door while lee sat on the bed.

doctor: so what seems to be the problem ? the doctor asked looking down at his clipboard while adjusting his glasses.

lee: well every since my arms been in this sling.. i haven't been in the best mood. ik it's the medicine im on but im also pain throughout my whole body. some days i can barely move & I can't get out of bed... & there is also days where i cannot eat the whole day & if i do ill just through it back up.

doctor: okay, well let's go get you tested alright .

the doctor put her in a wheelchair.. she looked back at von not wanting to let go of his hand.

"you got this baby.. I'll be right here waiting for you when you get back" he said smiling at her .

lee smiled at him letting go of his hand .. once more she looked back at him.. he could see the fear in her eyes..

"i love you" von mouthed to her.

"I love you more" she said but being wheeled out of the room..

25 minutes later-

Lee was wheeled back into the room after a 25 minute examination..

doctor: alright, i will go check it out & I'll be back & let you know..

"preciate it". was all von said before he nodded leaving the room..

"you okay ma ?" He asked..

"ofc, she smiled.. all ik is whatever it is ik it's God's plan .. im not worried he got me" she said smiling ..

all von could do was smile.. the amount of BRAVENESS that was inside of her little body.. he was just so proud of her.. although she's been through a lot ... from rape/abuse , to getting shot, to now dealing with health issues throughout her body.. she was still holding on the faith..

even von knew he wouldn't have been that strong.. he admired her..

10 minutes later-

doctor: well we got the test results back..

both von and lee's anxiety rose up quickly .. although lee wasn't worried she would much rather it be something slight like the flu or something ..

doctor: so apparently you have food poisoning, but also you do need your gallbladder removed which is the cause of the body pain, vomiting, and the fever.

von & lee let out a big sigh.. he was more relieved than she was .. Lee had more faith than he did.. he was more an over-thinker than she was .

Lee texted India letting her know what was going on.. & of course india was so relieved that it wasn't as serious as a deadly disease or anything.

after they made it home von also let durk know. von ran lee a warm bath to relax her body .. she got undress slipping into the tub..

"lemme know if you need anything ma.. take your time my love" he said kissing her forehead

"von.. I love you" she said smiling

"I love you more baby." He said walking out the door.

after her bath , they doctor called to set up an time & appointment for her surgery to have her gallbladder removed.. after than von & lee got into bed cuddling each other, watching movies, and talking about random things ..

it was the little things that matter to her.. von holding her when she needed to be held, reassuring her and more.. his generosity like massaging her body, running her a warm bath, cooking her food .. even the words "i love you" makes her feel complete.

here's chapter 9 for you guys.. i had to come up with quickly .. so its definitely a boring chapter .. anyways be sure to leave your honest opinion/thoughts in the comments ! & vote to please ! hope y'all enjoy .. BYEEEE!