Act Two: Chapter V: Breaking Point

January 10 2014

Alex was at the batcave in Gotham City as he was looking through the batcomputer while thinking about what happened. A few hours ago, Ambrose was notified about an anonymous tip that was left in Dr. Sarah Cassidy's office at Arkham Asylum. The tip revealed that she had been kidnapped by Zsasz and taken to the Old County Hospital. Alex made it to the hospital and took Zsasz out by surprise and rescued Cassidy. However two hours later, he was notified by another anonymous tip.

The second tip came in the form of a note attached to a test tube. The tube contained a sample of Scarecrow's fear toxin, but was much stronger.

While experimenting with it in the Batcave, a few molecules escaped from the vacuum seals and caused Alex to fight his way out of a series of fears and hallucinations. However Alex along with Marie and William created an antidote and cured Alex.

Few minutes after being cured from Scarecrow's fear toxin. Alex was notified about another anonymous tip.

Arkham Asylum [Flashback]

Jonathan Crane: Asylum interview 1. My experiment is underway. I have created my ultimate Fear Gas, its potency a revelation.

Dr. Stephen Kellerman: Ah! Ahh! They're all over me!

Guard: Please, dad! Don't do it! Please!

Kellerman: Keep away! Keep away! Keep away!

Crane: I have pumped enough gas into the Medical Center to break one hundred minds. It should only be a matter of time before-

Suddenly he heard the window being destroyed as Crane immediately turned around and his eyes were widen as Alex entered the room and stared at him.

Alex: It's over Crane.

Crane: How. . . . .how are you still standing? How come it's not affecting you?

Alex: Who says it's not?

Crane: I knew it. What was it like? What have you seen?

Ambrose punched Crane in the face and threw him on the table, knocking him out. Officer Cash along with the guards arrested Scarecrow as Alex said something to him.

Alex: Officer Cash. Get this formula to the air conditioning system.

Cash: Sure thing, Batman.

End of flashback

Alex continued staring at the batcomputer until he saw William walking towards him as he was worried and spoke to him.

William: Alex. We need to go Washington D.C.

Alex: Why? What's the matter?

William: Somebody tried to kill Fury and he's in the hospital.

Alex was shocked as he immediately got up from the chair and the duo immediately entered the batwing as the aircraft flew out of the cave and began flying towards Washington D.C.

One hour later

Alex and William made it to the hospital as they saw Anne along with Natasha, Maria Hill and Jack looking at the operation theater as Ambrose looked through the window and saw doctors and nurses checking on Fury.

Alex: What happened?

Jack: Fury was in Anne's apartment and someone shot Nick.

Anne: The shooter was fast and strong. He had a metal arm.