Act Two: Chapter XII: Into The Fire

January 12 2014

Pierce along with the world security council arrived at the triskelion as they entered the building and began speaking to each other.

Pierce: And how was your flight?

Councilman Hawley: Lovely. The ride from the airport less so.

Pierce: Sadly, SHIELD can't control everything.

Councilman Rockwell: Including Captain Winters

Pierce was silent as he walked towards one of the guards who hands him a case. Alexander opened the case and showed the council members four pins inside the case as he said something to the council members.

Pierce: This facility is biometrically controlled, and these will give you unrestricted access.

The council members each took a pin and entered the elevator as it began moving towards the upper levels as Pierce was looking at the city through the window.

Meanwhile at the insight headquarters, there were technicians talking to each other until they heard static on their earpiece as they immediately removed it and began speaking to each other about what happened.

Technician: Must be the dish.

Technician: I'll check it out.

Announcer: Triskelion command request. Clear the area for launch.

The technician opened the door until he saw Anne along with Hill and Sam pointing their pistols at them as they entered the room and told the technicians to leave the room immediately. The technicians immediately nodded and ran out of the room.

Meanwhile Pierce along with the council members were at the meeting room as they were all holding glasses filled with champagne as Alexander began speaking to them.

Pierce: I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. Finally we're here, and the world should be grateful.

As they were about to start drinking, everyone heard something through the speaker as they were listening to it.

Anne: Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Anne Winters. You've heard a lot about me. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was.

It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there.

If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not.

The council members were shocked by what they heard as they glared at Pierce. Suddenly two SHIELD agents entered the room as councilman Singh and Rockwell ordered them to arrest Pierce but the agents pointed their weapons on the council members which shocked them. Alexander had a smile on his face as he said something to them.

Pierce: I guess I've got the floor.

Meanwhile at the control room, Rumlow along with the STRIKE agents entered the room and walked towards a technician who was sitting by the computer and was nervous as Brock said something to him.

Brock: Prepare the launch sequence. Send those ships up now.

The technician was nervous but didn't listen to Rumlow. Brock glared at him and said something to the technician.