Act Two: Chapter XIV: New Beginning

January 15 2014

Three days have passed since the battle at the Triskelion and alot of things have happened. The team found Anne Winters and took her to a hospital and after three days, she made a full recovery.

Multiple politicians and officials who were part of HYDRA were arrested including Senator Stern. They also found Brock Rumlow in the remains of the Triskelion and took him to a hospital as he was servery burnt and injured.

Sharon Carter and Jack Ryan were recruited by the Joint Counter Terrorist Centre and has been working with them for the last two days however they are also doing secret missions for Fury.

Natasha was at the Department Of Defence as they began speaking to her and she was listening to them.

Bailiff: Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Natasha: I do.

Committee General: Why haven't we yet heard from Captain Winters?

Natasha: I don't know what there is left for her to say. I think the wreck in the middle of the Potomac made her point fairly eloquently.

Committee General: Well, she could explain how this country's expected to maintain its national security now that you and your team have laid waste to our intelligence apparatus.

Natasha: HYDRA was selling you lies, not intelligence.

Committee General: Many of which you seem to have had a personal hand in telling.

Scudder: Agent, you should know that there are some on this committee who feel given your service record, both for this country and against it that you belong in a penitentiary, not mouthing off on Capitol Hill.

Natasha: You're not gonna put me in a prison. You're not gonna put any of us in a prison. You know why?

Scudder: Do enlighten us.

Natasha: Because you need us. Yes, the world is a vulnerable place, and yes, we helped make it that way. But we're also the ones best qualified to defend it. So if you want to arrest me, arrest me. You'll know where to find me.

Natasha immediately got up and began walking away as everyone was shocked by what she heard while reporters were asking her some questions but she ignored them and continued walking away.

Meanwhile Fury walked out of the truck as he was wearing glasses and threw the lighter on the ground as the truck was on fire and everything inside the truck containing information about him along with his eyepatch were in flames as Nick began walking away.

January 16 2014 [The Next Day]

Fury along with Anne, Sharon, Jack, Sam and Alex were at the cemetery as they were looking at Nick's gravestone and spoke to each other.

Fury: So, you've experienced this sort of thing before?

Anne: You'll get used to it.

Jack: We've been data-mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship.

Sharon: We're heading to Europe tonight.

Fury: Alright. [Looks at Anne] You coming?

Anne: There's something I gotta do first.

Fury: Okay then. What about you, Alex?

Alex: I need to do something.

Fury: Wilson?

Sam: I'm more of a soldier than a spy.

Fury: Alright then. Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me right here.