~Chapter 2~

Chapter 2

Author's Pov:
In the vibrant city of Ahmedabad, the stage was set for a cricketing spectacle—the World Cup finals between India and Australia. The air buzzed with anticipation as fans filled the stadium, their hopes pinned on the skilled players representing their nations. Sara Tendulkar, Anushka Sharma, Ritika Sajdeh and every cricketer’s lucky charm was in the stands supporting their love. Their families’ hearts heaved in pride seeing these men play.

As the match unfolded, Rohit Sharma's bat danced with elegance, sending the ball racing to the boundaries. His quick 47 runs ignited a flame of excitement among the Indian supporters. Shubman departed early as he was not able to handle the pressure. Then, the maestro Virat Kohli took center stage, scoring a crucial 57 runs, weaving a tapestry of skill and finesse.

However, as fate would have it, Virat's departure from the crease cast a sudden hush over the crowd. The silence was palpable, a collective gasp echoing through the stadium. The hopes of a billion fans seemed momentarily suspended in time.

Amidst this tense atmosphere, India's early success in taking three wickets sparked a surge of optimism. The bowlers showcased their prowess, leaving the Australian side in a precarious position. Yet, cricket is a game of uncertainties, and the arrival of Travis at the crease shifted the momentum.

Travis, an Australian batsman with nerves of steel, defied the odds and etched his name into the annals of cricketing history. His century was a masterclass in resilience and skill, guiding Australia to a triumphant victory in the World Cup finals. The cheers of the Australian supporters reverberated through the stadium, contrasting sharply with the quiet disappointment that hung over the Indian fans.

In the solemn confines of the dressing room, the weight of defeat hung heavily in the air. Rohit Sharma, sat with his head bowed, his usually composed demeanor shattered by the disappointment of losing the World Cup. Rohit, wiping away a tear, looked up and spoke with a heavy heart, "It's a tough pill to swallow, boys. We fought hard, but sometimes the game doesn't go our way. Cricket teaches us resilience, and today, we need to gather ourselves and learn from this experience." Captain being Captain had to be tough but everyone could see through the walls he created how much it affected him and Virat.

KL went and hugged him tightly. Soon joined by Jadeja, jassi, ishu, Virat, Shami, shreyas, Surya, kuldeep, Shubman.

Shubman Gill who thought to be the best today supporting his team at toughest time had his childhood dream shattered in front of his eyes and he couldn't do a thing.

“ I am sorry bhai and everyone. It was me who ruined our whole plan and the strategy. I failed. I failed as an opener as a batter and did not contribute to the team. I failed you, Virat Bhai! I failed you too Rohit Bhai!! I failed the team. I am sorry everyone.” Shubman let those tears fall. Those tears which he had been holding since the last bowl was bowled on the field.

We broke the hug after a good time.

"This isn't the end, it's a chapter. We win together, we lose together. But it's how we rise from defeats that defines us. Each of you gave your best, and that's something to be proud of." Virat consoled everyone.

“Best fielding awards time everyone. We will continue this for one last time and like every time. With those happy faces. I know it's difficult. But boys don't let this one match define your greatness you displayed in ten matches” Their fielding coach said with a heavy heart trying not to show sadness encouraging them.

And the best fielding award goes to “Virat”. They celebrated not with the same vibe but they tried.

They went to the hotel. Their families already reached there and left them to spend some time alone knowing their situation.
“It will all be fine Sara. Shubman too will be fine, don't worry.” Anushka said assuring Sara.
“You know bhabhi how he is. He would do self blaming and would Not stop until it would hurt him.”
“He is Virat’s successor. He would be same like him, right? I trust you you will handle him.”
Sara smiled at her and went in Shubman's room.

The team reached the hotel. Shubman already informed his parents he will talk to them tomorrow. He went into his room when he found Sara there.
“How did you come here?”
“I asked Shahneel to get your room number. What are you feeling?” She went closer to him and asked him cupping his cheeks.
He removed her hands and distanced a bit. “I am fine Sara. You go and sleep, we will talk later.” He said without making eye contact.

She hugged him tightly. He leaned on to her like he would fall if she left him. She never saw him this fragile before and it made her cry too.
"Shub it's okay to be weak sometimes and share what's in your heart with someone. You cannot just keep it inside you that it haunts you forever. If not me then share it with someone you trust and you're comfortable with." Sara said wiping her tears and making a move to go but Shubman held her from her wrist and mumbled in a feeble voice "Please don't go."
He sat near his bed. He held her hand tightly and interwined with his.
“I failed Sara. I failed. You saw those eyes of people which had hopes were all gloomy just because we lost. Everyone performed well in one or other matches but me. I am a bloody loser Sara. I was needed today and I failed. I failed My papa. I failed Sachin Sir. I failed Virat Bhai. I failed you.” He exhaled a sharp breath.
“Shubman Gill You. Are. Not. A. Bloody. Loser. Mind it. For me and for people you are always the best and it's not that you didn't put in the effort. It's okay. Completely okay. Don't see the stats. See your conditions. The dengue came up. The lil cramp injury came up. But you fought back right? And you will keep fighting back and my love you will surely win.” She said cupping his cheeks and kissed him on his forehead.
Shubman kept his head on Sara’s lap and slept. She caressed his head and gently moved her fingers through his hairs and slept gradually there only. He had a long day today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank youu for reading lovelies that's it for todayyy. The Shubman-Sara scene, I hope you loved them. Plus the Anushka -Sara one. One of our reader suggested virushka x shubsara we would surely add them as the story proceeds. Any other reviews and suggestions are always welcome. Please votee and please comment. It takes a lot of efforts to complete a chapter for us. But it would take just a second to vote.

Byee lovelies<3