~Chapter 3~

Shubman's POV
The sunlight came through the window and I saw my love sleeping peacefully, her head on the corner of the bed sitting with its support and my head in her lap. I snuggled more into her waist for some good time and then woke up. I picked her up and carefully made her sleep on the bed.
I freshened up and quickly ordered coffee for both of us. I never knew I could have shared my vulnerabilities with her but then I realized it was her and with her I was my true self so this was no exception. The wounds of yesterday are still fresh. Let anyone say anything, even Sara but I knew I was at fault. I should have played. God knows what my parents and Sachin Sir might be thinking about me. I kissed Sara on her forehead with a light feather kiss and she slept holding my hand.
“Sara…Wake up lilg” She stirred in her sleep but did not wake up.
Her phone rang by then it was Shahneel I picked it up.
“Hello Shahneel”
Hello shub are you okay now? And where's Sara, she didn't return last night.”
“I am fine and she actually slept with me.” My neck and cheeks flushed saying this. I quickly corrected it. “I mean we slept while talking but we didn't realize.
Okay okay, I understand. I called to tell you please gather in the banquet hall in half an hour with Sara too. Don't ask questions and bye.”
“Crazy Girl” I said. I felt two hands engulfing me from behind.
“Woke up?”
“Good morning” I wish to have a sweet morning kiss like this every day.
Have your coffee we have to go to the banquet hall in half an hour Shahneel told”
“Why?”
“ I called to tell you to please gather in the banquet hall in half an hour with Sara too. Don't ask questions and bye” I said imitating her.
She let out a melodious laugh. This laugh is what I die for.
We had our coffee and she freshened up and we went to the banquet hall.

Author's POV
The streets echoed with the collective sighs of a nation mourning the loss Of the World Cup. Shahneel and Jugnu, decided to turn the tide of gloom by organizing a party for the cricket team, especially for the team, whose heartw bore the weight of defeat.

Ishan's POV
We gathered in the banquet hall as per Shahneel . I seriously didn't want to come right now. But Shubman forced me and dragged me with him.
Everyone came up and all eyes that were happy for two months were now all gloomy though everyone tried but they failed miserably. Everyone was still affected.
“Guys You all are sad and yes it's okay. Everyone has the right to grief. But for a change we thought to organize a party for all of you, just for a change. And please don't deny it please!!”. Everyone agreed they knew they needed this and it was decided. I turned to make a move when Sara came.
, I didn't meet you yesterday . You okay right?” We greeted each other with a friendly hug. She was like a sister and an advisor to me. Someone I can share things with and she would listen and give the best advice.
“I am fine. How are you and where's that idiot boyfriend of yours. Self blaming probably still? I will go check on him.”
He is with Virat Bhai and is fine for now. You go and rest then come for the party right?”
Yeah will try”
“It's an order”
“Now I have to attend. See you soon then “
“Bye”

Shahneel's POV
“There came my busy brother to finally meet me “ I said as Shubman approached me.
How are you shub? Okay na? I know you have such a caring girlfriend, why not?”
“Haaha I am fine and yess you're right. How are you and how's the event planning firm going?
“It's fine and you will see my firm's performance today at the party “
“Sure why not sillyhead you grew up a lot mature for real.”
“Your sister has to be mature of course and what would you even do without me and Sara” I laid out a laugh and next I saw him running after me to beat.
....
Party night
Sara' POV
I was getting ready in front of the mirror when Shubman came. I thought he would praise me or something but he quickly got his tie and went out saying “I need to see off mumma papa and Shahneel, they are leaving for Amritsar. I will directly come to the party,”
"She isn't attending the party?"
"No. Some emergency came up at her firm's head office."

Author's POV …

Everyone came to the party which was organized by Shahneel and Jugnu.
Rohit came with his wife Ritika and cute daughter Sammy.
Ishan also came to the party.
Sammy, with her wide eyes full of curiosity, spotted Ishan amidst the lively party.

Hi, Uncle Ishan! Why does everyone look so sad about the game?” Sammy asked
Ishan, crouching down to her eye level with a smile, patted her head gently.

Hey, Sammy! Well, sometimes we win, and sometimes we learn. Today was a learning day for us.”

Sammy, tilting her head, seemed intrigued.
“Learn what?”

“ That even when things don't go the way we want, we can still find reasons to smile. Like this fantastic party Shahneel didi organized!”

Sammy's eyes widened with excitement.
“ Yeah! Shahneel didi said parties make everyone happy. Will you dance with me, Uncle Ishan?”

Ishan chuckled, extending his hand.
“Absolutely, Sammy! Let's show them our dance moves and bring some joy to this party.”

Rohit met other players:
Well, that match didn't go as planned, did it?”

Virat, with a half-smile, nodded.

Definitely not our best day on the field.”

Bumrah, interjecting with a chuckle “I think I'll stick to bowling next time and let you guys handle the batting.”

Shami, with a grin “Don't blame yourself, Bumrah. We win as a team, and we lose as a team.”

Rohit, raising his glass “Here's to the team, no matter what. And to Palak for putting this together to lift our spirits.”

They clinked their glasses, and the atmosphere lightened a bit.

By the way, who thought organizing a party after a loss was a good idea?”

“Shahneel and Jugnu did and honestly, it worked.”

Virat, nodding. “True. It's a tough loss, but life goes on. Let's enjoy the moment.”

As they continued chatting, the camaraderie among the players began to overshadow the disappointment, turning the party into a moment of unity and friendship, proving that even in defeat, there's room for laughter and support.
.....
As the night unfolded, laughter and music filled the room. Shubman with a heavy heart, found solace in Sara's company. Her radiant smile and warm gestures created a haven amid the gloom.

Sara’ POV
“Hey sara!!” I heard Anushka Bhabhi speaking.
“Helloo bhabhi! Hello Virat Bhaii”
“Hii Sara! And how's everything? Studies and all?”
Great going to London after a week for the exams and then graduation and all so that would be hectic”
“Great! Going alone or that boyfriend of yours accompanying?”
“I don't know how to share this with him. I don't want to leave him right now but I have to”
“He will be fine. Give him some time and don't worry I am there na. If he doesn't turn the same again I would make him run 5 extra rounds then I will see how he doesn't be happy once again.”
We laughed and talked for a while before I departed to where Shubman was with Ishan.
Helloo damad ji!”
Hey madam you finally graced with your presence. How are you?” I greeted him with a friendly hug.
“I am fine. How are you? And where's ADITI?”
“Family emergency” He said with a hint of sadness. Shubman patted his back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for today guyss!! I hope you liked this part. Next part would have the whole ICT scenes of the party along with some of the scenes of Shub-Sara and it would surely be amazing to read. Please vote and comment guyss. Waiting for it:)

Needed your suggestions for some of the topics:
1. Do you want Shub's Family scenes along with Sara?
2. A couple name for Shubman and Sara( Please suggest in the comments box)

Word Count: 1712 words

Byeeeee lovelies<3