~Chapter 9

Sara's POV
I was at the airport when my phone buzzed. It was one of my childhood friends, Ishita. I wondered why she called me right now. I picked her call.

“Sara, please come to Jaipur. It's very urgent, You are needed. I swear on our friendship. I will text you my address.” Ishita said with a voice that tensed me. She was crying?
“But Ishi….” Before I could speak, the call disconnected. And out of all she called me. Maybe it's really important and she needs me. I have my exams in a week so I have to go after 4 days. But maybe till then I can go to Jaipur.

I canceled my tickets and immediately booked a ticket to Jaipur.
I thought to call my parents and shub, inform them about it.
I called Arjun. I called shub but his phone was unreachable.

Jaipur..
I reached Ishita’s house and rang the bell. She was on the phone with her friend and they were gossiping sitting on the sofa as if nothing happened.
“Ishi you…”
“Uhh Sara, actually it's my wedding tomorrow… So I wanted to surprise you. “ She said with a smile, cutting the call.
“Wow. I missed my flight to London for your lie, You could have told me naa, I would have stayed… You know how tense I was.”
“Leave it… Let's go shopping. And then we will stay at the palace for the night.” She said pulling me with her. This girl.
“By The Way who is that lucky boy?” We continued our chit chat while shopping. Shubman's thoughts shifted to the back of my mind. I will talk to him later.

I posted mine and Ishita's picture when we went to the palace for a night stay. I called Shubman but he texted me that he is busy.

Shubman's POV
I was at the practice session when Ishan’s call came.
“Bhai Bhabhi ko milva diya uncle aunty se?” (Did you introduce Sister in Law to your parents?)
“Woh London chali gayi aaj” (She went to London today)
“ Are you high on drugs or alcohol or in Sara's love?She is in Jaipur idiot. Check her Instagram post”
“What!!”
“Meko laga teko pata hoga. Shub tum dono ke bich sab thik hai na?”
“Ha sab thik hai.” ( I thought you knew. Everything's right between you guys? Yes everything is okay)

She denied that day to not meet our parents because she didn't want to. She gave me a hint to not continue. I am an idiot to not understand. She agreed to marry me just because I was sad due to the world cup. I decided to talk about her when her exams are completed, I will go to London, till then not talk to her,Shubman Gill. I know it’s difficult to stay away without hearing your Lilg’s  voice but for her sake? You love her right? Sometimes Love is sacrificing. Let Sara be free from you, from this forced relationship. 

Author's POV
The wedding was over and Sara went to London. She tried to reach Shubman many times but he would ignore her. She would have tears slip through her eyes. What wrong did she do that he is behaving like this?  Since he went to Amritsar this has been happening. He would leave her texts on seen and not call her back when he didn't receive her phone. Sara stopped calling since her exams started and focused on her studies. On the other hand Shubman was the same. He would cry his heart out when he would ignore her. Hurting her hurted him more but he was adamant about her being out of this ‘assumed by him’ forced relationship.
He would do well on the practise sessions at NCA and soon has SA tour lined up but before that he was flying to London tomorrow. It was Sara's graduation day yesterday and he couldn't go to ruin it and her family was there too. So he decided to fly tomorrow.

Shubman's POV
I boarded the flight to London. I rested my head on the seat and closed my eyes letting the memories flow. From the first time we met to the last time we spent our moments on the terrace and then in the hotel room before she left for the airport and with her she took my happiness, herself.

Flashback...
I was at the airport on my way to Dubai. A midnight flight and being a morning bird I was damnn sleepy so decided to have a cup of coffee and made my way to the Starbucks there, when I collided with something soft and found a 5"4 feet 'certain soft ' to be a girl. It felt like all the things I thought to be creep and fake were happening. Music in the background, my hands on her waist, while her hands on my shoulder grabbing me for support and her eyes closed. A tingling sensation traveled through me. My heart was beating as usual but I could feel it this time. While I came out of my lala lala land I found her face to be similar to someone. SARA TENDULKAR!! I was shocked and my hands involuntarily snaked out of her waist while she fell on the floor pulling me with her.
"Ouch!! What are you doing? Jab girana tha toh bachaya hi kyu? I thought you would be my knight in shining armor. A Bollywood style knight" Sara blushed after realizing the blunder she blabbered. She looked everywhere but my eyes.
I stood up and so did she.
"I am sorry. By the way you're cute lilg." I said, pulling her nose.
"Lilg?" She asked finally looking in my eyes.
"Your height, lilg" I said suppressing my laugh.
"Hey I am not that short, okay?” She said, keeping her hands on her waist with an angry expression.
"Yeah Yeah" I said, rolling my eyes.
"See I am tall." She said tiptoeing on her legs and keeping her hand on my arms for support.
Before I could further argue we heard the Dubai boarding announcement. Looks like I have met Sara. I wouldn't be able to sleep now anyway. This girl captured my heart in a few moments. Sorry coffee dear.
"Anyways it's my call to leave. I have my flight to Dubai. Nice to meet you, Shubman Gill here." I said, forwarding my hand.
"Well, Sara Tendulkar. I have my flight to Dubai too. Talk in the airplane then or after landing in Dubai." Sara said Shaking my hands with her. And flashed me her first smile and Oh the way her lips Twitch into a smile. I fell for it. She never had that attitude of being a legend's daughter if someone hasn't seen her picture they wouldn't know her as a known personality. She even ran in marathons to raise funds for social cause. How humble.

In the flight. We had our seats together.
"I will sit at the corner please" She said, showing her puppy eyes which I surely couldn't have denied.
"Okay then. After you, lady." I said, motioning for her to walk ahead and settle herself.
She settled herself and when the flight was about to take off she clutched my hand tightly and closed her eyes and kept her head snuggled into my shoulder.
The flight took off and I whispered to her ( I didn't want to but....Why?)
"Sara the flight took off." She realized and took her hands off.
"I have.... Uh I don't know but I couldn't tolerate it I don't know why when it takes off. I feel like puking. Thank you"
"It's fine. Why Dubai suddenly?"
"Vacations and you?"
"Matches"
"I have heard your name somewhere."
"U-19 vice captain."
"Yes. My father was telling Arjun when he came back."
"Arjun is a friend of mine. While your father, an inspiration."
"Yeah. He told me."
"Why do I think I have seen you before?"
"I thought but thought I was delusional...we met at the cafe Brewito in London."
"Right. As in we didn't talk but."
"We can now"
We talked a lot and when the flight landed I even asked if we could be friends and roam Dubai together. I thought she would deny but she agreed at a go and was looking really excited and with that ladies and gentlemen started our eternal tale... A tale I had an instinct won't stay till 'Just Friends ' something we agreed to, for our careers.

Flashback ends.....

She makes me happy. And now when I look back I think how could someone be so important that I would hurt myself in the process of making her happy. A lone tear made its way through my eyes. The flight touched London. I collected my belongings and made my way to her apartment. I would have knocked on her apartment but found the door open, I went inside and saw Sara and Alyssa talking.
“Leave him Sara. He is a red flag. You don't need to feel suffocated in this relationship of yours. Just break up and if you don't have courage let me call him.” Alyssa was saying to Sara who was sitting on the sofa her hands in her hair and head dipped down. The way we sit tense and stressed. That means my assumptions were right. She felt…..forced and suffocated.
“No need to call Alyssa. I am here.” I gathered myself and spoke, trying my best to sound strong rather than weak.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for waiting patiently lovelies. We have our exams from 3rd January both of us. So we are stucked up and moreover a trip beforehand. So it really gets hectic to write and update the content. We will try our best. So here's the part finally. Hope you like it.Do vote and comment your reviews. I hope you like it.

Happy reading lovelies<3