~Chapter 10~

Sara's POV
Alyssa was blabbering about breaking up with Shubman for his ignorance. I was furious at him of course but maybe he had his own point , something might be bothering him or the world cup loss is still bugging him? We needed to have a conversation. Alyssa cared about me I agree but…except the two in love no one could understand their love. That's when I heard a familiar voice ringing through my ears. A voice which could bring butterflies to my stomach. A voice which always calmed me down. A voice which felt like someone who is mine. Just mine. Alyssa signaled me to talk and left while closing the door on her way. It's been days since I have heard him, I have seen him and now when I did I looked straight into his eyes, finding something. Something which led him to ignore me and act like I never existed. His eyes had blank expressions and for the first time I failed to read his eyes. Those eyes which always screamed to me what's the matter. I went towards him and took him in a bone crushing hug.

Shubman's POV
As soon as Sara saw me she ran towards me and hugged me tightly. Her arms wrapped around my neck pulling me towards herself while I felt something wet and felt her tears on my t-shirt. I didn't put my hands on her. Once she calmed down she let go of me and again looked straight in my eyes seeking answers to those unspoken questions. Answers to ignorance. Answers to my behavior towards her. She doesn't know what I have made up my mind for and I didn't know how to share with her.

“Where were you? Why were you not picking up my calls shub? How could you ignore me like this? You might have your points but this was unacceptable? How would you behave if I did something as shitty as this!” Sara snapped. I would have died if she behaved like this.

“Uhh Sara I wanted to discuss something with you. Let's not beat around the bushes. I don't want this relationship of ours.” I said and closed my eyes when I heard her laughing?..

Mr Despo, you don't want our relationship. But we cannot get married this soon. For that relationship I have to meet your parents then mine and ours have to meet. And number two you don't have to ignore me like this. For the husband wife relationship you have to wait Mr hubby.” She said keeping her hands on my neck.

“I am serious Sara” I said, removing her hands.

“I know you are serious about us.”

“I want to break every tie between us. Do you understand? I don't want us to date, to be in a relationship or get marry” I said making myself pretty clear. It ached in my heart saying the blunder I just blabbered. I never knew I would let these words roll my tongue. Silence engulfed us. Sara took deep breaths and wiped the tears with the back of her hand. I wished to tear apart every freakin person who made My Sara cry. But here I was doing it. I wish to burn myself in her rage, dissolve myself in her tears.

Sara's POV
Why?” I asked in a defeated sigh.
"I am sorry Sara. This shouldn't have happened but I guess it's over. Everything that was between us."
Tears streamed through my eyes at his words.
"You cannot end it just like this right" I said, holding his hands hoping to add some sense to him.
"This you and me is over" He said pointing towards us.
“What's the reason SHUBMAN GILL you can’t leave me hanging on the cliff like this. You cannot break up without any reason.”
I did it because I wanted to. We aren't compatible Sara and we aren't made for each other.”
You realized after a long time. Where was this wise personality of yours till now? Instead of averting your eyes, look here and answer. What about all the promises you have made? Sara I will never leave you  Sara I will stand beside you fighting the world. Sara I will never make you cry, etc etc. Vaade toh kar diye nibhayega kaun unhe.” I said gathering myself speaking as Strong as I can.
Better late than never. I hope you have a good life ahead and love someone who is compatible.”  He turned to move but I held his hand and laced my fingers around his hand.
“How easily could you say this? Doesn't it hurt? Do you love someone else?” He didn't respond and tried to wiggle his hand out of my hold.
Ek baar yeh haath choda toh Laut kar kabhi nahi thaam paoge.” I said but it came so feeble I wonder if he heard or not.
He removed his hands from my grip and started leaving. I had that hope he would turn back or a hope this was all just a nightmare and he would wake me up and annoy me like a baby and kiss me like there is no tomorrow and love me senselessly. But he left. He left but the lingering scent of his cologne stayed. He left but his memories stayed. He left but the tears he gave me stayed. But before he left I went towards him, took his hand in mine and gave him the ring he gifted me the night we saw Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani at the hotel.
“Koi aur haath dhund lena is ring ke liye. Someone as you said you deserve and is compatible. And next time if you cannot commit, don't break a girl’s heart by giving her high hopes.” I said with a tight lipped smile and closed the door on his face. Leaned on the door and I shattered. My soft muffles and sobs turned into hysterical crying. My boyfriend, the love of my life, just broke up with me for a reason which was never convincing to me even if I thought about it until now a billion times. My brain was consumed by many thoughts. Did he find someone else? Or my biggest nightmare came true. Did he find out about that? Thinking about it, shiver gushes down my spine. No No he cannot get about that. He would never love me then. I wished I could have told you so no other person had to tell him. More tears made way, cupping my cheeks as I cried on my fate. Why do I always end messing things up? Was he angry about the Jaipur thing but I called him. You could have called one more time Sara.

Shubman's POV

Through the doors I walked away and disappeared. Not even a moment passed to it I felt a void in my heart. As if thousands of bullets striking through me almost turning me hollow. Keyword: almost. For There was a hope, a micro hope I would go to her and just hug her so tightly I would never have to leave her. I started missing her in the way a sunflower would miss the sun, an ant would miss hard work. It was like an Earth night without the moon. All dark. I yearned for the glint in her eyes which were replaced with tears. I miss the melodious sound of hers which was no less than a soothing music to my ears. That lingering warmth and the fragrance of her cologne which was still fresh. I wish it lingered forever. But do something as hypothetical as forever existed. Why was she crying? It was a toxic relationship for her. I wouldn't have been able to give her time due to matches. I wouldn't have loved her if I had the slightest idea she is still hesitant to marry me and why not since she has been treated like a princess since a child. She has her parents who are so successful and she herself so beautiful why would she like to stick up with a loser like me and feel forced. I can tolerate anything but not her freedom being taken away from her. I still have a long way to go to establish myself and improve myself to be a better man. I promise you SARA if not you it's no one for me. I promised you to make sure you love yourself above anyone your whole life and keep your happiness a priority. If it meant leaving you I won't hesitate a bit. Her words rang in my ears “Koi aur haath dhund lena is ring ke liye. Someone as you said you deserve and is compatible. And next time if you cannot commit, don't break a girl’s heart by giving her high hopes.” Who would be as compatible for me as you, Sara. Thank you for loving me selflessly even when I didn't deserve it. You didn't say a word that you feel forced because it would hurt me. What is my worth in front of you? I couldn't even manage to play a match well in the world cup. While you graduated and made your parents proud of you. What can my mother be proud of? Her son got out at 4(7) in the finals when he was needed the most. His son couldn't score even one single century while every batter of the team did. I wish to die, Sara. I feel so low about myself. I was numb, walking through the empty streets of London as empty as my heart. I couldn't feel lonelier. I looked at a bus on the opposite side and decided to go in it. Where even I don't know.
That's when a Sports car came towards me and everything went blank…..

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's the next chapter. I hope you guys love it. Have put so many efforts to write it. Please vote and please comment. Your comment and votes make me motivated to write. Silent readers atleast vote buddies and it would take not more time to even comment.

Words Count: 1698 word

Happy reading lovelies<3