15. Our First

Name: Our First
Word count: 2070
Published on: 13th April, 2024

❀❀❀

M A N I K

"So all set?" Ansh asked everyone, keeping his bag on the ground where we all sat with our parents waiting for the train to arrive.

"Yup! All done! It's just train that we are waiting for. Want some juice?" Krish asked forwarding his bottle to Ansh which he reluctantly took from him.

"Ye Nandini kaha reh gai yar?" Huffing Soha sat on the bench as she came after loitering around the fourth time.

"Aati hogi, she forgot something  toh vahi lene gai hai." I replied to her remembering she left keeping her stuff beside me for getting some things that she forgot to buy.

"Yar ye train aati he hogi ab, kaha gai ye paagal."

"Chill, uncle aunty and Rishab are there with her." Alya tried to calm her down

CHOO

CHOO

CHUG

CHUFF...

"Guys take your stuff Nandini ka lelunga mai tu log jao tab tak -dad? Can you please find her? " I asked my father

"Wait I'll call her dad." Nodding to hum I left taking up the things with me as my mother helped me

"Sorryy guys!" Nandini came up Huffing bending down taking deep breaths.

"Sorry ki bachhi! Train chut jaati toh?" Krish said slapping her head

"Aise kaise? You guys were there na I know tum log nahi jaate chod kar mujhe."

"Ho gaya? Ab tum gayi kaha thi bataogi?" I asked

"Vo actually, I wanted to give you guys this-" she said forwarding a packet to us.

"Baadmai dekhe? After the train leaves papa mummy ko bye karne ke baad? Please?" Alya spoke up after being silent the whole time.

Everyone was happy and excited for our first ever trip alone to an unknown place, us, our group, my group we are not just a group of friends but a second family relying on each other like we do with our parents. I feel lucky to be in this group and now I feel like it's good that Krish took me that day for lunch, I'm happy that Nandini and I shared banter and now are so close friends that we don't live a day without sharing a word. Ansh and I we both are buddies, Krish is like my small brother from another mother Alya that cribbing friend and well Soha I don't really know she is a good friend I'd say. Shahid the loner and silent friend but when he speaks damn he can turn himself into a comedian. This is what I wanted all the while, this is one heck of a perfect group I'd ever want to have.

I miss my other person too Aryaman his topic has been taking a toll over Nandini, we all miss him and I don't even have any idea what she would've been going through.

Well right now Alya is being emotional and Soha is beside her so that she won't burst up with tears. We all know it's just for the time being as after some hours it would be her dancing and screaming on her loudest after we have dinner here.

"I'M LOOSE
AND EVERYBODY KNOWS I GET OFF THE CHAIN."

"BABY IT'S THE TRUTH, IT'S THE TRUTH
I'M LIKE INCEPTION
I PLAY WITH YOUR BRAIN
SO DON'T SLEEP OR SNOOZE
I DON'T PLAY NO GAMES SO DON'T, DON'T, DON'T
DON'T GET IT CONFUSED NO
'CAUSE YOU WILL LOSE YEAH!"