17. Sing for it

Name: Sing for it
Word count: 3010
Published on: 20th April, 2024

●□●

N A N D I N I

"Nandini I don't know what to wear for the date today!" I heard Navya's frantic voice as I picked up the call I don't know when, being half asleep with Soha and Alya by my side I heard my phone ringing I think so that's when by mistake picket it up. My bad.

"Clothes I suppose, as you guys haven't done anything yet and don't even do the shit."I muttered rolling over trying to get back my lost sleep.

"Nandini" she whined "you are useless."

"So I've been told."

" Urgh!"I yawned rubbing my eyes peacking through the half zipped tent and listening to her rants. "Are you helping me or should I hang up?"

"As you feel like." Damn it's still dark out there, what's the time?

"Nandini!"

"Ha, Yar wear those navy blue flowy top with white chained shorts pair them up with your boots and no jackets wear some bracelet charms- the one I had gifted you last summer." I suggested imagining her best look and checking things on her cupboard which I remember.

I heard some shuffling from her side. "Damn that looks hot bruh!"

"I know." I smirked knowing my fashion skills. "If you want to go with the cute stuff wear those sunflower knee length frock that you have along with those flowery chocker it would look girly and cute for a summer date you know?"

"Yeah I'll check both of em' and send you the pic after I get ready."

"Yeah, don't cake up your face bitch! And thanks for spoiling my sleep. Bye!" I said already irritated with my sleep gone and sore back.

"Aye! Bye! Fuck off." Saying she disconnected the call while I stepped out, its 5:20 am and no one is up but the fresh thin air holding cold and calming fragrance is so relaxing. Taking a deep breath I sat on the stool unfolding it relaxing with closed eyes taking in the cold fresh air of the forest.

The sky shined with stripes of Yellow light, down beneath them shades of orange and red spreading through out the sky with the other side still holding the moon and dark blue hues with faded stars due to morning sun light.

I took my headphone out of my bag connecting the device with phone with slow soft songs flowing throw my ears and cold soft wind flowing, peaceful is what I felt all the time closing my eyes sometimes staring the sky.

"Hey!" Shaking the giant I tried to wake the idiot up who was sleeping like a pig.
"Manik, wake up!"I said shaking him more.

I think the increase in the frequency of shaking won't wake him up. Bending down towards his years I took a deep breath about to scream near his ears when all of a sudden he pulled me down towards himself strangling me downward hovering over.

"What do you think you were doing?" He said in sleepy- husky deep voice.

"I thought you were asleep, so was just waking you up." Smiling sheepishly I tried to sit up when he pushed himself nearer making my eyes bulge out with his act.

"What do you think YOU are doing?" Raising my eyebrows I asked him while he acted innocent. "Malhotra get off me I've a boyfriend for god sake, who is miles fucking away!"