The Day She Got Married

Murderer
That's Who I Am
I Killed Some You See
I Killed The Girl I Use To Be
Polly-Anna-Rome-Doll
________________________

01/13/2016

SATURDAY

I was awoken from my slumber by Peggy jumping on my bed. All excited. I groaned. I couldn't understand why Peggy was so happy. I'd be trapped perhaps for the rest of my life with a man I would probably end up hating.

Whom I had no desire to marry. I perhaps would not even develop feelings for my husband to be.

"Come on Emmy. It's your wedding day" she dragged the covers back as she squealed.

" Can you STOP!" I shouted at her as she cowered back.

"I'm sorry" she rushed out the room before I had a chance to apologize. She was excited about the idea of marriage but not giving thought as to who I'd be married to Mr Rochester. The very man she told me about.

I felt sorry I had yelled at her. I wasn't sure if she was happy I was leaving or that I was getting married. Just because I was getting away from Victoria by no means met that I was now going to be happy. I was yet to know just who my husband was.

I got up from the bed and went to sit by my vanity mirror. I surveyed my face. In my defense I wasn't ugly and I wasn't beautiful nor was I a plain Jane. I had long black hair which I reluctantly inherited from my mother. Brown eyes that were now puffy and red from crying the whole night. My face was somewhat flawless. I never went through the pimple phase. Small button nose and thin lips, my jaw a bit to defined. My features were pleasing to me because that's how God made me.

About an hour later the stylist came. She complain about how red and swollen my eyes were. What would you expect if I'd been crying my eyes out I wanted to snap at her. The old crow came in and suggested I wear a veil.

Not because of how awful my eyes looked but of how ugly I was and proceeded to say that if Mr Rochester saw me before he said I do he'd surely run from the church. Little did she know I'd be the happiest woman in the world if he did decide to leave.

After an hour of being pampered. My brows were darkened using kohl, my eyes left bare, rouge was added to my cheek and my lips were reddened. My hair was swept from my face with a few strands falling down the side of my face while the back had curls that dangled on my shoulder.

It was time to fit my dress.

Mrs Creed and Peggy came in to help fit my dress. They revealed the most beautiful dress I'd ever laid eyes on. The front was heart cut with lace covering it. The lace came up to my neck and covered my hands as well. The back was a corset style that they had to pull in to emphasize my tiny waist. The bottom of the dress was silk with beautiful embroidery and a train with just the right length. In that moment I felt some what happy.

After we were finished I spun around in the mirror I felt beautiful. I covered my face with veil selected by Victoria. It was very thick though I could still see through it, Peggy told me she could vaguely see my face.

As I walked downstairs to the carriage I couldn't help but feel sad. Even with the whole house gushing at how beautiful I was it couldn't lightened my mood at the moment. My eyes welled up with tears. I did not want to marry this man.

I wanted to freely marry someone of my own choice. I wanted to be courted and wooed. Secret kisses here and there. Letter of love. Not this! Not like this!

For a business deal. To a stranger. This isn't what I wanted. But then Victoria never gave me want I wanted. Or even cared. So why bother now.

When we got to the church on the steps waited my step uncle Dimitri. In place of father. He smiled at me. He held out his hand for me to take. I slipped my hand between his awaiting one without touching him.

"Your Luke is very lucky" he whispered in my ear. I pretended not to hear him. My Luke? So that was his name. And he surely wasn't mine from the stories I've gathered.

"If it hadn't been for him I would have snatched you up for myself. What a beauty you've become. The years I wanted to ravish this body" he whispered in my ear.

Pig! I wanted to slap and spit at him. Not very ladylike. He wasn't being very gentlemanly at the moment either.

His words made my skin crawl. The walk to the alter came to an end. With which I was grateful for. I had held down my head the entire time. Dimitri placed my hand in my awaiting husband's only then I looked up. His hand was warm and rough. Almost gentle.

He was beautiful. I'd never considered a man to be beautiful but this scrondrel that he was. He stood immaculate before me. His black tailored suit hugged and revealed his well defined body. His hair was quite dark which made me wonder if it had been dyed. He stood about 6'2 I barely reached his shoulder. His eyes where a blue color and cold. His lips thin as mine and just as red which had me wondering if he too wore lipstick.

Beautiful he was indeed.

A rake he is.

My husband he shall be.

How I imagined Emily's hair and dress would be.

VOTE
COMMENT
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!