The Day She Found Peace

Someone who loves you doesn't cheat
Someone who loves you doesn't hit you
Someone who loves you doesn't make you feel small.
________________

03/08/2016

EMILY

When I woke up in Luke's bed I was alone. When I left I did not see Luke. I was deeply saddened by his actions. He would not be seeing me for three months. Yet he did not see me off.

The carriage ride was very quite. No words were exchanged between Helena and I. She helped with Ozy who seemed already smitten with her. 

This was perhaps the most awkward ride ever. No small talk.

Finally we arrived her house. It was almost as big as Luke's.  The carriage was opened by the driver. He carried the luggage inside. I stood outside taking time to survey my surrounding.

The door opened and a man came out. He stood about 6ft. He had brown hair and calm
blue eyes. He was elegantly dressed. I looked over to my mother and her face lit up.

This must be Charles. My mother's husband. One thing for sure he was extremely handsome.

He smiled at us and walked towards us. He kissed Helena on her cheek.

"Emily" he advanced towards me with a hand shake which I obliged.

I managed a tight smile.

"You must be tired. Please come in" he ushered is in.

I walked with Lizzy and Helena had Ozy.

We went inside and Helena showed me to my room. Almost a replica of my old room growing up.  I put the children on the bed. They had fallen asleep. We walked back to living room.

I saw a girl. A exactly replica of me. She ran and tackled me with a hug. My sister. I hugged her back awkwardly.

"I can't believe it's really you. Mom talks about you all the time. She told me she was coming to get you" she starting yapping away.

"Well that's nice to know" Helena and Charles stood afar watching. It was becoming awkward.

"Well Emily I'm Greta. I heard that you have twins. Can I see them?"

"They're sleeping. When they get up" I told her. You could tell she was a chatterbox.

"Shall we go the patio and have tea" Helena asked.

I answered with a nod.

The three of us went to the garden while Greta went to play.

The three of us sat down. For once the silence was welcoming and not uncomfortable.

"I didn't properly introduced myself. I'm Charles Bennett"

"Well I don't think introduction are necessary since you most likely know everything about me" I sipped my tea. Helena was quiet the whole time.

"If you ladies will excuse me I'll give you sometime alone" he rose and left.

"I'm glad you came Emily" Helena told me.