The Day He Felt Closer To Her

The Greatest Coward Is A Man Who Awakens A Woman's Love With No Intention Of Loving Her
Bob Marley
02/06/1945- 05/11/1981
_______________________

I woke up feeling less broody than yesterday. I walked to Emily's chambers and knocked. She opened the door looking beautiful and very radiant She was now 6 months pregnant.

"Good morning" She bowed.

"I was thinking we never had that walk we were suppose to have the other day" she blushed.

"Just let me freshen up" she smiled revealing her dimples. I never noticed those before. I never noticed a lot of things before.

How kind she was. How humble she was. I felt like an idiot. I kept thinking she was a spoilt woman but she wasn't anything like that.

"It pleases me you are with child. You have made me a very happy man Emily" I turned and waited downstairs.
~~

As we walked through the town there were many curious stares which didn't bother Emily one bit.

Her dresses were a bit tight so when we ventured into various stores I bought her twenty new dresses against her protest. We went to the carpenter to order a crib.

She told me her feet began to ache and so we went to the park to have a seat.

" So Emily tell me about yourself" I asked.

She hesitated before she started speaking.  She kept her head down.

" Well as you know I lived with my stepmother because my father had passed away six years ago when I was 17.

He was traveling to the Caribbean when his boat met into a storm. My mother ran away shortly after I was born with her lover. So I don't know much about her.

I was told my parents did love each other. Rather my father loved my mother very much. That they both loved me. If my mother truly did love me why did she run away though" She sighed and looked out in the distant. I wondered if she was remembering her parents.

" In everyone's own way they loved differently" I told her

" I suppose" she said

" Tell me more".

She began to tell me of her early childhood and the good times she had with her father. When she was six and her front tooth fell out her father told her to put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy.

She woke up and found money. But she later found out it was her dad who slipped the money there but she never said anything to him. I chuckled at the story.

She told me everything was fine until the day after her tenth birthday her father told her she would get a new mother. Her stepmother Victoria .

She said at first Victoria was the nicest person she's ever met then a few months later she became evil and wicked. She would punish her when her father wasn't around.

I listened to her stories and wished I was there to protect her.

I wish I had gotten to know my wife. I wish I hadn't built my perception of her. I thought of how hard her life must have been. And how I only added to her pain.