seventeen

harry's p.o.v

i couldn't sleep after seeing that note and after niall abused me so i just sat and watched televison, there was nothing good on so i put on the news, i snuggled under the covers which smelt like Louis so much it was a comforting scent. Louis was speaking to Lottie at this point but i knew Lottie wouldn't tell him anything she lived in fear of this Lucas person, she didn't even feel safe with her own brother. She looked at him with fear as if she saw something else more fearful when she saw him.

The headlines on the news scared me and made me upset.

'POOR PROVINCE IS IN DROUGHT'

'100 MORE PEOPLE OUT OF JOBS IN POOR PROVINCE'

'THE DROP OF BABIES BEING BORN IN POOR PROVINCE IS ASTONISHING'

then the last one made my heart drop and made me feel queasy. 

'Zayn Malik, boy of Yasser and Tricia Malik from poor province who had been jailed for an unknown reason is set to be set free tommorow, parents and friends are thrilled,' 

i can just imagine knowing my village they would set up a whole party for zayn they would play the traditional games from my village, the games i took for granted the friendliness and happiness of the village i never thought i would be torn away from it but i can't think of that, louis is my life now. 

I felt an urge to see Zayn, to apologise to him so i riskily walked across the scary corridors of the palace and down to the even more fearful dungeons. i snuck down in my slippers and pyjamas bringing a torchlight. I didn't think about lucas or his note or his blood-written threats, though they seemed to cloud my mind as i walked through the dimmly lit corridors. 

I felt as if something was going to pop out at me, i was shaking and so scared, i hummed a nursery rhyme from the village in my mind, the palace was silent and dark except for the room where Louis and Lottie were talking. i was shaking and finally i crept down to the dungeons feeling as if i my heart was going to explode as it was beating so incredibly fast. 

'Zayn,' i said, he was slumped against the wall trying to sleep.

'Harry,' he said

'i am so sorry,' 

'its alright i am out tommorow,' 

'yeah but i am sorry that i am with louis,'

'its hardly your fault, you can escape with me tommorow,' 

'i..i dont think so...we have a kid coming i am so sorry,'

'so you will stay with Louis?'

'yes i think so,, im sorry' 

'its alright as long as you are happy i am also,' zayn said

ugh why did he have to say things like that?

'Zayn you are going to find someone great don't worry, and i wish you the best of luck,' i said

'thank you harry...i guess i am a bit upset because i have never tasted your lips i have always wanted to know...now i guess i wont,' 

i hesitated a bit, then looked at my feet then back at Zayn. 

'You can still if you want,' i shrugged

'really?' he said, admiring my 'cuteness' 

'yes what louis doesn't know wont hurt him i guess,' i said

We both leaned in and we kissed through the bars, i expected there to be some massive spark which would question my love for Louis but there was no spark, no spark like the spark i had with Louis. I am glad i kissed Zayn, it made me feel confident about Louis. i guess he realised there was no spark because he frowned.