Chapter 5-Tattoos and Evan

Ethan's P.O.V.-

He felt Amber freeze beside him. They were standing in front of Evan's tattoo parlor. When he had seen her drawing of the cross, he knew that it was going to be his next tattoo. He figured it would be easier just bring her with him tonight because he doubted he would get her to get in a car with him again.

She had surprised him when she had told him earlier that she would come and get him. He knew she didn't like going outside at night. He was really surprised when she had shown up alone. He didn't figure the guys would have let her out of the house by herself. He was pretty sure he had Nick to thank for that one. When he had realized she was by her self he had decided he would drive home. Sure he had a couple of beers but he wasn't even buzzed. He just had the policy of never riding his bike after having one drink.

She was really full of surprise for him tonight. When he had touched her, sure she had froze but she didn't freak out. She had even started to relax on the ride over to Evan's. He had kept glancing at her but she would never meet his eyes. She'd a slight blush on her cheeks the whole time. He knew she had felt every slight move he had made, because he had felt every move she had made. He felt when she had started to relax and slowly lean back into the seat.

He had watched her face as they had pulled into the parking lot of Evan's. The side wall was covered in graffti that Evan and some of his other tattoo artist had painted on the wall. It was amazing to look at. Her face had shown her amazement. He didn't think she realized she had been totally relaxed and was smiling. He had wanted to take a picture of her, but was afraid if he moved to get his phone she would freeze up on him. He wanted her to enjoy it just a little bit more.

Now turning to her, he saw that she was froze and a little bit pale. He took the two steps to reach her, slowly he raised his hand and cupped her cheek. He waited until she was looking him in the eyes, "Amber it will be okay. Evan's the only one here." He watched her frown. He knew what she was thinking. He had come to realize that he could read her very well. She didn't talk very much around him normally and she hadn't said a word since he had opened the truck door back at Alvin's tonight.

"He's closed. He stays late on Saturdays to clean the place." She moved her head up and down without dislodging his hand. "He's a friend, you don't have to say anything to him if you don't want to." He felt her sigh and relax against his hand. He rubbed her cheek with his thumb a few times. He watched her cheeks take on a slight pink tinge. He smiled to himself and dropped his hand. "Come on."

He turned back to the door, and felt her small cold hand slip into his. He almost froze from the shock, but instead gave it a little squeeze and pulled open the door.

Stepping into Evans shop was not what most people would expect a tattoo parlor to look like, It looked more like an art gallery. The walls were a cream color with paintings hung approximately every two feet. In the middle of the shop sat and antique desk, behind the desk you could see several stales with chairs. Each stale had half walls. They were both for privacy and decoration choice.

In the chair behind the desk Evan sat doing paper work. When Ethan had met him several years ago, Evan had told him he was in his mid-thirties, but Evan often wondered if he was older. His black hair was starting to go grey on the sides, and the dude had a lot of lines on his face. He was covered in tattoos from  his neck down. Seven earrings in his left ear, five in his right, an eyebrow ring, a nose ring, and a tongue ring. Ethan was pretty sure he had more piercings but was afraid to ask. He was a scary looking dude, but was one of the nicest people Ethan had ever met.

When the door closed behind them, Evan's head popped up. He stood  up with a smile on his face. "Hey man, what are you up to tonight? Shouldn't you be out partying?" He walked around the desk and came closer. The closer he got the closer Amber snuggled into his back.