Chapter 11- Dinner

Nick's P.O.V.-

Nick heard Ethan's bike coming down the road, grabbing his beer off the coffee table, he stepped out on the porch to wait for them. He had called Ethan almost an hour ago letting Ethan know that dinner was going to be done soon and they needed to get back home. Knowing his brother that had pissed him off, but Nick thought it was funny.

Ethan was becoming so possessive of Amber. Nick saw the struggle Ethan was having trying to control it. Ethan was spending most of his time that he had off with Amber, but she had to go back to school next week and those two wouldn't have much time to spend together. Their schedules just didn't work with each others. Nick wondered how Ethan was going handle only being able to see Amber on the weekends.

Nick watched his brother pull his bike up the drive-way, shut it off, put the kick stand down, pull his helmet off, before getting off the bike. Ethan sat his helmet on the set then reached for Amber. Nick's eyebrow went up when Amber didn't freeze but laughed at something Ethan said. Amber tittled her head back like it was a practiced move, to let Ethan undo her helmet.

Nick leaned against the porch railing watching the show. He wondered how long it would take for those two to notice he was standing there. Ethan pulled Amber's helmet off her head. Without looking at his bike, he sat it down on the back seat. He raised his other hand and swept a few strands of her hair out of her face. Nick was in for his second surprise in the last few minutes. The smile on Amber's dropped a little at Ethan's action but she didn't freeze. If Nick was a sentimental man he would say the look on Amber's face now was awed.

Nick heard the door open behind him and glanced over his shoulder at the noise. Micca and Lucca stepped out. Nick turned back to the show his brother and Amber were putting on. He felt Lucca step to one side of him and Micca stepped up behind them.

Ethan had dropped his hand and was saying something to Amber. Whatever it was, Nick wished he would say it again, Amber had laughed at it. Nick heard Lucca say, “Holy shit.”

“Wow,” From Micca.

Nick didn't say anything. Just then they heard another vehicle pull up the drive-way. Amber jumped and turned around. Pushing her back into Ethan. Ethan lowered his head to whisper something into her ear, then stepped around her.

Nick looked away from them to the vehicle. It was Evan's truck. Nick felt a smile tug at the corner of his mouth when Evan stepped out with Amber's bag in his hand. So that's where his brother and Amber had sneaked off to earlier.

“Hey guys,” Nick yelled out to the trio, “Foods ready.” Amber turned to his voice. He could see the blush rise to her face from clear across the yard. He beat it was because of the three of them standing on the porch and she hadn't noticed them.

That was a huge change from when she had moved in. She knew where everything and everyone was at any given moment around her. Her eyes never stopped scanning. Now he had been on the porch for the last five minutes watching them and she hadn't picked up on it.

Micca chuckled behind him, “Come on, I'm hungry.” With that he went back into the house. Nick chuckled and glanced over at Lucca, “You in a better mood?”

Lucca turned to look at him, after several moments he said, “Yea.” shaking his head, with a frown he went back in the house.

Nick wasn't sure what to make of that, he would think about it later. Standing up straight, he turned to the door to hold it open for the trio.

Amber was the first one, “Thanks Nick,” Nick knew his face showed shook, but Amber never is the first one to talk, “Sure, go put your stuff up, Micca might eat all the food if we don't hurry.” Amber hurried the door.