Chapter 23- Meeting Jenni

Jenni's P.O.V.-

Holy shit, was Jenni's first thought. Evan knew some fine pieces of meat. At first glance she summed all of them up as bad boys. Even the one sitting in the chair by himself. But he looked a little uncomfortable almost like he didn't belong with the rest.

She looked down to the couple on her left. The guy was over the top hot, and the women was beyond beautiful even though Jenni could see the tear streaks running down her fast. Jenni's first thought about her was, I just found my new best-friend. Ignoring the rest she squatted down so she was eye level with her, “Hi I'm Jenni and who might you be?”

Jenni seen the surprise on her face, in the softest voice Jenni had ever heard she answers, “I'm Amber.” Amber snuggled a little closer to the hunk holding her before asking Jenni, “How do you know Evan?” Jenni laughed, “He's my neighbor.”

“Oh.” Jenni smiled at her.

“He promised he would give me my first tattoo for free if I promised not go and get one from someone else.” Jenni smiled up at Evan. She had almost broke that promise several times, but she knew would be disappointed in her and she just couldn't stand to see the disappointment in his eyes. She turned back to Amber. “Today I am finally legal to get one, so here I am.”

Amber laughed, “I can't get one for another two weeks.”

The hunk holding Amber said to her, “I didn't know you wanted one.”

Amber shrugged and smiled up at him shyly before saying, “I want the cross.” Jenni recognized the look in this guys eyes. She all of a sudden felt like she was a vulgar. What ever this cross was it held a deep meaning for them.

She stood and turned to see knowing smirks on the three faces of the hunks on the couch. The one in the chair looked confused and Evan was trying not to laugh. Apparently Evan knew what was going on.

He chose not to explain, “That is Ethan.” Pointing at the hunk holding Amber. Then point to the two on the couch together, “His brother Nick, their best-friends Lucca,” The one sitting next to Nick, “and his twin Micca.” Jenni stared at him a little longer then was necessary. Her heart skipped a beat just looking at him. And that pissed her off. She so did not need this.

Finally he pointed to the last one. “That's Charlie.” She said hi to them and glanced at Micca one more time and that when she noticed the drawing on the wall behind him. Walking around the coffee table, she didn't take her eye's off it.

All the people in this room was in the drawing except Charlie. She loved how Ethan was the main focus of the drawing. She wondered who drew and searched the corner and her jaw almost hit the floor when she saw Amber's name in the corner.

She knew Evan had redecorated after the fight, and he had told her that he had a local artist drawing all his pictures, but she hadn't realized he knew her personally. She had thought he had just hired some from the college. But this picture was of them having a meal together. It looked like Thanksgiving if she went by the turkey on the table. And if she remembered correctly Evan had told her he had spent the day before with friends and the day of with his parents.

She turned to Amber and said, “Your good.” She watched Amber blush. And say shyly. “Thank you.”

Jenni wanted to inspect the rest of the drawings now, but she knew Evan would get irritated with her so she walked back to him and said, “Okay I'm ready.”

He laughed and said, “Okay,” He pointed towards his desk, but said to Amber, “Come check out what she picked.”

Jenni bounced off to the desk in front of Evan. She was super excited. She had been wanting to get this tattoo since she was thirteen. She had fought cancer for most of her early years, but when she turned thirteen she had been five years cancer free. She was then able to finally say she could start her life over.