Chapter 31- Sleeping

Amber's P.O.V.-

The next morning Amber woke up alone. Her bedside lamp was on and the candle was back on the dresser. The only sign she had of the night before happening was the smell of Ethan on the pillow beside her.

Turning her face into the pillow she sniffed. She loved the smell of Ethan. After last night, it was going to be hard for her to smell it without blushing now. She could feel her cheeks heating up just thinking about how close she had been to him last night. He had only been wearing boxers. She hadn't noticed it until right before she went to sleep. She had been draped across most of his body and she could feel all the skin he'd had on display. She had a feeling she wasn't going to be able to come close to him without her cheeks turning bright red from now on.

Sighing she got up, as she heard the boys yelling at each other. She couldn't quite make out what they were yelling about and didn't bother to try. If they couldn’t figure it out on their own they would be dragging her into it soon enough.

Ethan's P.O.V.-

“Damn it, I didn't do anything wrong.” He whispered-yelled.

He was afraid Amber would wake up and this was one fight he didn't want her to walk in on. He glanced out the kitchen door towards the hall that lead to his and Amber's bedrooms. He had to explain and explain fast why he was coming out of Amber's room in only his boxers this morning, when Nick had come looking for him.

He knew it didn't look good. He didn't have the best reputation when it came to women. He didn't really care how it looked, however he did care what these three guys thought of Amber. He had to help her last night. He couldn't leave her last night. She had been scared out of her mind. He really couldn't have left her after she asked him to stay.

He had fallen asleep, otherwise he would never have been caught in her room in the first place. He of course wasn't going to tell the guys that falling asleep holding Amber was the best night he had had in as long as he could remembered.

He quickly explained to them how the lights went out, Amber freaking, how he had to calm her down, and stayed when she asked him to. He left out the part of dressing her, he didn't think his room mates would take to kind to that.

He also didn't tell them, when he woke up around three in the morning and tried to get up, she clung even tighter to him and said, “Don't leave me, please don't ever leave me.” He thought at first she was begging to be held and secure for one night. It could have been any of them. He knew they all made her fell safer, even him that made her a little bit nervous.

That was until she sighed, “Please, Ethan.” At that point he would have given her anything, and all she was asking was to be held. He could do that. He pulled her closer, “I'll stay Amber, I promise.” He felt her relax and fall back to sleep.

Nick speaking brought him out of his thoughts. “You could have left after she feel asleep or at least put some clothes on.”

Ethan glared at his brother, “I was getting ready for bed when she screamed, your lucky I had my boxers on. You know I sleep in the buff. Besides I feel asleep almost as fast as she did. I had a long day yesterday.”

With that he glared at the three and walked out of the kitchen door, with his head down in thought. He wasn't going to feel guilty for helping Amber. She had been scared spit-less. He did what he had to for her. And he would do it again. It wasn't the first time she had fallen asleep in his arms, but the only other time had been under special circumstances. Not like this wasn't but last time was a little different. For one they both had been fully clothed and his brother and roommates had understood. You think they wouldn't be so mad about it now since he is always pulling Amber on to his lap or cuddling with her, but apparently finding him sleeping in her bed was a much bigger deal to them. Turning down the hall, he smacked right into Amber.