Chapter 10- Wednesday morning

Lucca's P.O.V.-

They were driving him nuts. He had been in the kitchen for the last four hours trying to get all the food cooked four their dinner. They had decided last night that they would have dinner around 3p.m., so he and Micca had time to get on the road before it got dark. But every time he turned around one of his room mates would be in the kitchen needing something. First Nick wanted drinks for all of them, then Ethan had come strutting in wanting some food, then Micca had come in complaining it was taking him to long to get all the food cooked, even Amber had came in. She had wanted to show him something but he had been to busy and he was already at the point of wanting to pull his hair out, by then. He wanted just one hour of no interruptions to get all the work done.

He finally decided to make them a snake platter and some drinks so maybe they would stay the hell out of the kitchen. He was just finishing it up when Micca came back in the kitchen. “Hey bro, when's the food gonna be done?”

Lucca lost it, “Get out, get out, get OUT.”

He watched Micca scurry out of the room with his hands held him, “Man what's your problem?” He heard him mumble on the way out. Lucca put his hands on the counter, took a deep breath. He could do this, he told himself. He looked up to see Nick standing in the doorway. He had his arms crossed and just starred at him.

After taking another deep breath, he lifted the tray and handed it took Nick. With the other hand, he shoved a six-pack of beer at him. In a low, menacing voice he said, “If anyone steps through that door for the next hour, I will stab them.”

Lucca watched the amusement quickly flash across Nicks face. He smirked, “Gotcha.” Then he turned and walked away.

Lucca didn't know what the hell was so funny, but he was relieved. He would finally have peace. Going back to the counter, he set to working on the apple pie.

Ethan's P.O.V.-

He was kicked back on the couch when he heard Lucca yell at Micca. Nick was in a heated battle trying to win a race on the PlayStation, and Amber was in her chair drawing in her sketch book. He had been starring at her when Lucca yelled.

Her whole body froze except her hand started shaking. He was pretty sure whatever she had been drawing was messed up.

Sitting his glass down on the end table he got up. Without being noticed he slipped down the hall to Amber's room. Going to the end of her bed he grabbed her boots, bag, and jacket. He was going to get her out of the house, even if it was only for a ride on his bike.

He went back to the front room and stopped by her feet. When she finally looked up, he saw the fear in her eyes. “Here.” He handed her her stuff and walked back to his room. Grabbing his jacket off the chair and slipped it on, he picked up his helmet, and the helmet he had bought Amber this morning off the end of his bed.

He walked back into the living-room just in time to see Amber hurrying to put her sketch pad and pencils in her bag.

She had already put her boots on and her jacket in hand. She looked cute. She was wearing a brand new pair of low cut dark blue jeans, and a long sleeve t-shirt Lucca had recently purchased for her.

After zipping up her bad, she stood up and slipped her small arms in to her leather jacket. Ethan walked over to her and grabbed her hand. Turning to Nick, “Well be back.” He pulled Amber out the door to his bike. Neither one said a word as he helped her with her helmet and they set off for a ride.

They had been riding for about half an hour when Ethan noticed Amber starting to loosen up. She was no longer sitting stiff as a board behind him. Her arms were now relaxed around his waist. He wondered if she realized she was rubbing his stomach in little circles with her hand. With each little stroke it was getting harder for him to concentrate on the road.