Chapter 36- Five years Nine months Later

Amber's P.O.V.-

She stood in the door-way of the nursery and watched her husband and brother-in-law holding the twins. She smiled at them. Ethan was sitting in the rocker, rubbing Caleb's little back. Nick was sitting in the rocker next to him, rubbing Chase's back. The two men were talking over the sleeping twin boys heads.

She leaned against the door frame. Her baby boys were just a little over three months old. They had been born two weeks premature, but the doctors had assured her that was great for her having twins. They had to take them by c-section because of problems with her cervic's but she had been okay with that. She just wanted her babies delivered safely. It had helped that they had let Ethan and Jenni in the delivery room with her.

A lot had changed over the last five years and nine months. Ethan's cousin had been arrested and charged with attempted vehicular manslaughter, three counts because of her being pregnant with their twin girls. He was now serving the rest of his life in prison without the chance of parole.

The trial had taken a tole on her but Ethan had stayed right beside her and kept her strong. She knew it had been hard on him, but the only time he showed it was when he would hold her at night and wouldn't let her go.

She knew he still had bad moments when he thought she would just walk out and disappear on him again. If she would have known what had happened to his sister Rosie, she would never had walked out on him the night they got married. She would have stayed and talked to him about it. She knew she wouldn't have wanted to and her urge to run would have been strong, but she wouldn't have put him thru the horror she had.

She didn't know how to reassure him that she would never do that to him again. She told him on a daily bases that she loved him and she wasn't going anywhere. And she would continue to tell him that until he finally believed her.

Ethan laughed at something Nick said, and that made Amber smile. Even with his worry about the trial, her pregnancy, and his fear of her disappearing, Ethan was a happier man now. The night he had told her about his sister, it was like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

The anger that used to be his constant companion was now replaced with a quiet sadness and longing that she knew there was nothing she could do about. But she did recognize the look. Nick had the same look in his eye's since the night she had meet him. She never understood it until Ethan had finally opened up to her.

She felt a hand land on her shoulder. She didn't freeze or even tense up. That was another thing that had changed. She remembered what it liked when she was in her coma. She realized in that gray fog that she was tired of being left out. Never having that human contact. She cherished it now.

She glanced up at Micca and smiled, “Hey.” She told him softly.

He gave her knowing smile, “Hey, figured I would find you here.”

She pointed with her chin into the nursery. “Heard them crying on the monitor, but by the time I got the paint washed off my hands and got up here, this is what I found.”

Micca chuckled. He probably heard the longing in her voice. It was very rare for her to get to the boys first. Ethan had a monitor in his office too, and usually he would drop whatever he was doing when the boys started crying.

Ethan finally told everyone that he had bought the custom motorcycle shop that he had been working for. Once he told everyone he took over and has expanded the business. He spends more of his time at the home office making deals on the phone then he does in the shop. When Amber had gotten far enough a long in her pregnancy that it was hard for her to get around, Ethan had willingly given up going to the shop every night. Amber didn't know if he was content with not working on the bikes he loves so much anymore, but Ethan never complains about not going to the shop. Ethan had told her he was happy being close to them and likes being able to get up at a moments notice to get the boys when they cry.