Chapter 32- Vegas

Amber's P.O.V.-

“Come on Amber, you have to go with us. We can't go to Vegas to celebrate without you.” Micca begged her. Amber set down her paint brush. She had been trying to paint her four room mates hanging a hammock in the back yard. She wanted to get it done to go with the set she was planning to hang in the gallery.

As they were hanging it, the subject of going to Vegas to celebrate their graduation had come up again. She didn't really want to go, but she knew they wanted to. If she didn't go, they would all stay home. It wouldn't be the first time they had canceled their plans because she didn't feel like going some where.

“Micca you know I don't like flying and it's over four hours in a car.” She had looked it up last night. She knew she wasn't going to like the crowds in Vegas, but she had thought she could handle it for the weekend if she didn't have to fly there. However, she knew Micca hated road trips in a car, she didn't think he would go for the car ride.

She watched Micca's face. She didn't want him saying it was okay, just to get her to go. Micca got terrible car sickness if he wasn't driving. She didn't know if he would be up for driving that far. She glanced at Ethan. He looked like he was in pain. She smiled at him. She knew what his problem was. He hated giving up control. He usually drove if they all went together. He only owned a motorcycle, but that didn't stop him from taking Lucca's keys when they all piled into Lucca's Explorer.

Micca finally said, “Well be okay. I can drive until I get tired, and then Ethan can take over. I can handle his driving better then the rest of you.” Amber listened to the whoops that came from Lucca and Nick. Starring at Ethan, she was surprised when she noticed he had a smile on his face. Ethan didn't smile about anything. Now she really felt guilty, he had really wanted to go to. They all had and she had been putting off answering them because of her fears. She had told them they could go without her, but they kept saying we all go or none of us.

Several hours later, they were loading their luggage into Lucca's Explorer. She had never been on a road trip. She wasn't sure how she was going to handle being stuck in a car with all of them so close.

“It will be okay, you can sit up front with Micca or you can sit all the way in the back with me. You know I wont let anything happen to you.” Amber leaned back into Ethan. He had changed a lot over the last nine months. He didn't seem so angry all the time and he always seem to know what she was thinking and how to solve her problems. She liked having him close to her too. It was a novelty to her that she felt safe to have someone touching her. She drew a lot of comfort from him. Amber took another moment of comfort from him then stepped away. “I think I will sit with you.” Ethan smiled down at her.

“Why don't you give Jenni a call, we should be ready to go soon, see when she's planning on getting her.” Ethan told her before he stepped back from him.

“Okay,” She said a little breathlessly. She had been thinking about stepping closer to him and kissing him. It had been so long since he had kissed her and she missed the feel of his lips against her. She wanted to feel the butterflies going on a rampage in her stomach and the almost electrifying feeling she got when he touched his lips to hers.

Sighing she looked down to the ground as she pulled her phone out of her pocket.

Neither of them noticed Nick watching them from the porch. He loved them both and didn't want to see either of them hurt. He didn't realize then that with in twenty-four hours both of their hearts would be broken.

Jenni had showed up not much longer after that. They got all of her stuff loaded in Lucca's Explorer and they had headed off. Ever since Jenni had become part of their life she had almost lived at the house with them. If they had a spare room she would have probably had moved in by now. Though she did spend some nights there in Micca's room.