Chapter 26- Escaping

Amber's P.O.V.-

It had been over a week since HE had been arrested. She still couldn't bring herself to say his name. Every time she even thought about his name, she would get this sick feeling in her stomach.

Pushing that thought away, she thought about this last week. She was about to go nuts. The boys and Jenni wouldn't leave her alone. She liked having them in the house, but they weren't even letting her go to the bathroom without someone walking her there.

That's where she was now. She was hiding from them. Well she says them, but she really meant all of them except Ethan. He was at work. She knew she shouldn't but she just couldn't take it anymore.

She pulled her phone out of her pocket and called Ethan. He surprisingly enough was the only one that gave her any space over the last week.

“Hey Amber is something wrong?” She wanted to groan. But she didn't, he was her only chance of escaping right now.

Saying softly, “Their driving me nuts.”

She heard him chuckle before he said, “Grab your gear, I'll be there in twenty minutes.”

Amber felt herself smile as relief filled her, but then remembered, “Wait, don't you have a couple more hours of work?”

She could hear the smile in Ethan's voice as he spoke, “Yea, but I am blowing it off. Be ready.”

And then he freaking hung on her. She starred at her phone for a minute in complete shock. He freaking hung up on her. Then she laughed, he hung on her but he was coming to her rescue again. Hopping off the side of the tub where she had been sitting for the last ten minutes, she opened the bathroom door quietly, poking her head out the door to look down the hallway, she saw the coast was clear and hurried into her room.

She spotted her book-bag on the floor at the end of her bed. Quickly she snatched it up, went over to her drawing desk, picked up the sketch pad she had there and shoved it in her bag. After zipping it up, she quickly changed out of the sweats she was wearing into a pair of jeans, slipped on her boots and jacket. Tucking her phone into the inside pocket, she slung her bag over her shoulder and grabbed her helmet just as she heard Ethan's bike pull up.

She decided if she was going to get out of the house she was going to have to run for and that is exactly what she did. Grabbing a tight grip on her helmet with one hand and her bag with the other she took off down the hallway. She almost mowed Jenni over but managed to get around her before she knocked the girl over. Skipping around the furniture in the living-room, she slammed out the front door. She was still laughing by the time she reached Ethan at the end of the drive-way. She hopped on the back of his bike, before he had time to get off and help her.

Sliding one hand around his waist, she used the other to put her helmet on, all while telling him, “GO GO GO.”

She felt more then heard Ethan chuckle. And off they went.

She wasn't sure where they were headed but she didn't really care. She needed out of the house. She was used to being able to have hours on end by herself, but in the last week none of them had given her any breathing room. She knew it was because they cared and they wanted to show her they were there for her, but if Ethan hadn't been willing to get her out of the house she would have probably screamed and her roommates probably would have locked her away in a mental hospital.

She laughed at that thought. They really wouldn't have, but she could picture them all freaking out and Ethan would have had to taken off work early anyways. They would have called him.

They had been riding for about an hour aimlessly when Amber finally recognized the neighborhood they were now entering. She felt the a smile stretch across her face. Apparently Ethan knew her better then what she thought.