"Welcome to London"

Beth followed into the small restaurant behind Sherlock and John. Sherlock greeted one of the waiters at the door, 'he's probably a regular' Beth thought. Taking off their coats the group of three sat as a table next to the window.

"Twenty-two Northumberland Street. Keep your eyes on it." Sherlock said looking onto the street out of the window.

"He isn't just going to ring the doorbell, though, is he? He'd need to be mad." John muttered still taking off his coat.

"Well he's killed four people, John. Can't get any madder than that." Beth said humorously to which John just gave a look.

"Sherlock." A man come up to the table, Beth thought he looked like he could be the manager. They shook hands.

"Anything on the menu, whatever you want, free. On the house, for you and for your dates."

"Do you want to eat?" Sherlock asked the two.

"We're not on a date." John protested.

"This man got me off a murder charge." The manager continued.

"This is Angelo." Sherlock introduced. Angelo offers a had to John and then took Beth's hand and gave a kiss to her knuckles.

"Three years ago, I successfully proved to Lestrade at the time of a particularly vicious triple murder that Angelo was in a completely different part of town, house-breaking."

"He cleared my name."

"I cleared it a bit. Anything happening opposite?" Sherlock tried to change the subject back to the killer.

"Nothing." Angelo replied to Sherlock, then turned back to Beth and John, "But for this man, I'd have gone to prison."

"You did go to prison."

"I'll get a candle for the table. It's more romantic." Angelo turned to leave.

"We're not on a date!" John protested again.

"You may as well eat. We might have a long wait." Sherlock said not looking from the window.

"I am a little hungry." Beth confessed and picked up her menu.

Angelo came back with a small tea-light in a bowl. He put it down onto the table and smiles at the trio before leaving the table again.

"Thanks." John said sarcastically, looking at the tea light with disgust.

"Why are you so opposed to being on a date, John?" Beth teased with a smile.

"Because I'm not gay! And you're my sister." Beth just snorted and continued to look at the menu.

Sometime later Beth and John had ordered, received and started eating their meals whilst Sherlock sat with nothing still looking out of the window.

"People don't have arch-enemies." John started looking up at Sherlock.

"I'm sorry?" Sherlocks voice drawls making Beth stop eating and watch the two converse.

"In real life. There are no arch-enemies in real life. Doesn't happen." John said softly shaking his head.

"Doesn't it? Sounds a bit dull." Sherlock continued to stare through the window.

"So, who did I meet?" John asked but his question was ignored.

"What do real people have, then, in their.. 'real lives'?"