The Woman

"Okay, the smoking. How did you know?" John asked in a taxi.

"The evidence was right under your nose, John. As ever, you see but do not observe."

"Observe what?"

"The ashtray." Sherlock pulled out an ashtray from his coat pocket, flipping it in the air.

Beth and John laughed in disbelief.

Back at 221B, Sherlock was in his room throwing about items of clothing from his wardrobe. Beth was sat cross legged in the middle of Sherlock's bed, wearing his blue dressing gown over her clothing again.

"What are you doing?" John called out from the kitchen.

"Going into battle, John. I need the right armour." He picked up a High vis jacket and threw it around his arms, he turned to Beth and stood in a pose.

"No." He ripped the jacket back off again, discarding it amongst the other pile of jackets he had tried on.

Sherlock sighed and picked up his coat and scarf, "Let's go."

"You haven't even changed!" Beth said leaping off the bed and removing the dressing gown to hang on the back of Sherlock's door.

"So, what's the plan?" John said as the three got into another taxi.

"We know her address."

"We're just going to go up and ring the doorbell?" Beth asked confused.

"Exactly."

"Just here, please." Sherlock points out to the driver.

"Sherlock, you're not even in disguise."

"Then it's time to add a splash of colour."

Getting out of the taxi, Sherlock lead the two down a street.

"Are we here?" John asked as Sherlock stopped.

"Two streets away, but this'll do."

"For what?"

"Punch me in the face." Sherlock said offering his left cheek out to John.

"Sherlock..." Beth said with unease.

"Punch you?"

"Yes. Punch me, in the face. Didn't you hear me?"

"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but it's usually sub-text."

"Oh, for God's sakes. John, I watched you sister getting changed yesterday morning."

"What!" Beth gasped out.

"Yeah, What!" John said frowning.

"I watched, Beth Watson, your little sister getting changed after her shower. You were away in Dublin, John. Beth thought she was alone and left her door open, I took it as an opportunity." Sherlock said attempting to get John angry enough to punch him in the face.

Beth crossed her arms around her mid-section and blushed in embarrassment, she remembered that she did in fact leave her door open yesterday morning thinking that Sherlock had gone out to get milk like he told John he would. John faked an angry grin towards Sherlock and shook his head, he pursed his lips angrily and then leaped towards Sherlock, punching him directly across the face.

"Thank you. That was, that was..." Sherlock stood back up from the blow only to be tackled by John.

John stood back up and pulled Sherlock into a head lock in the middle of the street,