Nightmares

Your felt yourself go numb.

Your hands were shaking.

You could barely even breath.

Your eyes blurred in and out of focus as you read the accursed paper.

"Mr. Sans,

I don't know whether or not it's been brought to your attention or it's just slipped your mind, but you haven't been returning my letters so I can only hope you just aren't getting them. I haven't received any payment for Y/n's work for the past few months, and I'm not sure me or my child will be able to last another month. I have to ask for sake of peace in mind, is Y/n okay? Did she get hurt? Is she still alive? Those are the only reasons I can think of that we haven't receive payment, other than her abandoning us. And if that's the case... please tell her we're sorry.

Please reply,"

You saw your mother's signature at the bottom of the page, the familiar loops and turns filling you with sick memories.

When you had decided to search through Master Sans room, you had expected to find mysteries. Answers. Questions, even.

But, not this.

Not this.

You dropped the letter like it was fire. Like it would burn you if you held it any longer.

A mix of emotions scratched at your insides, tearing your organs into pieces. Grief. Anger. Fear. Betrayal.

Your heart broke for your family. For your sibling. You thought that if Master Sans understood one thing about you, it was that you loved your sibling as much as he loved his. Then why would he hurt them? Hurt you? Did he truly think so lowly of humanity that he'd push them to starvation and slavery? Did he truly think so lowly of you? You thought... You thought the two of you had reached an understanding. That maybe, you were getting somewhere with him. That maybe, you could...

Your body snapped, your hands flying to catch your shaking head. How could he?! How could he?! You gave him your life! You gave him your freedom, your servitude, your body! You gave him your loyalty, your love, your heart! You gave him your resolve, your ambitions, your soul! Anything he asked, you gave it to him! And for what? So you could let what's left of your family STARVE and ROT! WHY?!

Your soul froze over, as if all anger was washed away with ice in a second. What would he do when he found out you went into his room? Looked through his things? Found out his secrets? Found out his betrayal? Would he hurt you? Break you into submission once again? Or would he finally just end the deed, his obvious disdain for humanity turning to you.

Your breath went uneven. You knew you were out of your own mind, you were unable to think clearly. You slid to your knees. You thought over the past months, trying to find any reason why he would do this to you. To you, who gave him everything. But the only thing you could remember was the locks around your actions, the bolts drilled into your conviction, the chains around your will with every order, command, and dictation your Masters gave you, only reminding you of their...

B e t r a y a l . . . .

You hated this. You hated their lies and their secrets and their demands coated in sweet sugars and declarations of love. You couldn't hate them, you could never hate them. But you couldn't let things continue. You. Just. Couldn't.

But how? How could you escape this? How could you escape their locks, bolts, and chains? Their lies and sugars and secrets and love? They would lock you up even further if you tried to escape or ask them to leave, and they would kill you if you tried to go to the police or other humans. There was no escape...