Chapter 11: Fear

All was chaos. Non-existent things rushed at, chased, tormented and taunted all eight beings the mushrooms had sprayed.

Ivy yowled for Diamond to stop several times, hoping it was all a cruel joke and her owner wasn't really ditching her.

The hallucinated Diamond didn't turn once, never speaking save for a few, short and cruel sentences, such as 'Shut it, pest,' or 'Give up already,' or 'Don't you see I'm not stopping? Go live your miserable life,' or 'Die already.'

That, of course, didn't stop Ivy from trying.

In Diamond's mind, it was a very different story. She was the one running after her pet, a tsunami right on her heels. The elemental teenager twisted her torso around. She shot her hand out behind her, and a blast of water shot through the air. It hit the oncoming hallucinated tsumani, and it pushed said wave back.

But, it also pushed Ivy back. 

"Jikkō shimasu. Jikkō!" (Translation: Run. Run!)

"Anata no jinsei no tame ni jikkō shite kudasai!" (Translation: Run for your lives!)

"Watashitachi wa sore o tsukuru tsumori wa arimasen!" (Translation: We're not going to make it!")

"AAAAARGH!"

These screams and several others very similar echoed everywhere, drilling themselves into Diamond's mind until she couldn't stop replaying them while new ones continued to stick inside her mind.

"I'll bury you, cockroach!"

"Keep away from me!"

Those screams were much duller than the rest, but somehow, the voices of their mutant friends managed to fight their way into Ivy and Diamond's mind. They both paused.

Time seemed to pause.

The tsunami roared to a halt, the screams suddenly went away, Diamond's hallucinated insults stopped, and said person also stopped moving.

"Raph?" Diamond called out. Her voice cracked and broke. "M-Mikey?"

Though as soon as she said those words, time started again.

The tsumani roared back to life, Diamond started running, Ivy started chasing.

Chaos consumed once more, and any hope the two had of breaking out of it vanished.

Diamond turned a corner, to find the wave rushing to meet in the middle of her path. She groaned between her panting breaths and pushed her legs faster.

The elemental teenager passed through right before the three waves clashed and rushed after her.

Ivy passed through as well, though for her, the waves were instead Diamond clones, looking down on her and laughing mechanically.

Little did the two know, they'd just ran right by Raph and Mikey, both just as freaked out.

The two feet and four paws continued to step down on the ground. They stretched their limbs and pushed them. They both panted.

Everyone wanted this madness to stop, this nightmare to end.

There were obstacles in her path. Hallucinated, smashed cars, rubble, even dead children littered the ground all around Diamond.

Jump, run, dodge, run, jump, run, dodge, run. It seemed that was all Diamond's world had come to.

Over the car, under the splintered door resting on a pile of rubble, dodge a half-broken couch.

Over the child who looked like a younger version of Darian, his lifeless eyes wide open in terror, mouth forever open in a silent scream.

Ivy didn't see anything like that and had nothing to dodge. The tabby cat started gaining on Diamond.