Chapter 20: Metalhead Gone Mad

There was a short pause before Raphael exclaimed, "That's impossible!" The annoyance of letting the enemy get away was clear in his tone.

"Uhh, what now exactly?" Diamond said with a frown, looking around for anything that could indicate where the van and the things inside had gone.

"There must be a hidden door, or a... a, a hidden passageway somewhere," Leonardo said, just as confused as everyone else. "Fan out." Everyone followed his order, searching the room for clues. Ivy leaped down from Diamond's shoulders, trying to pick up a scent trail. Diamond, meanwhile, used the air element to fly upwards. The elemental teenager stopped when her head was only a few inches from hitting the ceiling.

Diamond spun around in the air slowly, using her height to her advantage since she could see other things in the room that she couldn't on the ground.

She could her Michelangelo opening a locker, and Metalhead flying around with his jets. The half Japanese teenager heard Donatello give the robot an order and suddenly said robot was right beside her. Diamond yelped in surprise. "What the-"

She got cut off as a purple beam and a light blue scanner was projected from Metalhead's face.

She watched it spin around. First, it touched Ivy, who jumped and shook her body. It hit Michelangelo and Raphael next, and they both yelped and arched their backs a little. "Haha," Michelangelo laughed. "It tickles!"

Diamond then flinched and shuddered as the ray touched her body. It was as Michelangelo had claimed- it did tickle a little bit. Last but not least, it hit Leonardo and Donatello just before Metalhead finished his scan of the room. She saw Donatello flinch a little bit, but Leonardo didn't react at all.

"A tickle ray," The blue-clad turtle said, deadpan. "Real useful upgrade, Donnie."

"It happens to be a three-dimensional volumetric scan!" Donatello shot back as Metalhead flew back down to said turtle, making some odd beeping sounds Donatello seemed to understand.

"Wha- but that doesn't make any sense," The purple-clad turtle started, and Diamond flew back down to the ground as everyone else gathered around him and his robot. Diamond flew Ivy hack up to her shoulders. "There should be tire marks," He continued, not seeing Michelangelo slipping away (having noticed something), "Or a seam in the floor, but the Kraang left no trace behind at all! Just some junk and-"

He was cut off by Michelangelo's gasp, followed by the youngest turtle exclaiming, "A super macho burrito!" Rolling the 'r' as well. He then whooped. "It's the perfect combination of pizza and burrito: Pizzarito! It's super and macho!"

The orange-clad turtle started to shove and push the vending machine whatever he was talking about was in, attempting to get what he was talking about out of its slot and into a position where he could grab it. He also attacked the glass with his nunchucks, but it didn't break. That was when he narrowed his eyes for a split second, before grinning. "I'm going in," He announced. The other three turtles, Metalhead, Diamond, and Ivy watched speechless as Michelangelo got onto the floor and stuck his hand in through the flap at the bottom, trying to reach the bit of food he so desperately wanted.

His hand got painfully close to the wrapped bar he was talking about, his oversized green fingers brushing the bar a few times, but they weren't able to grab it.

Raphael walked over. "You have any idea of how long that's been in there?" He asked, staring down at his youngest brother.

"Who cares?" Michelangelo shot back. "Super and macho!" Diamond stopped paying attention to what he was saying for the last two words as she shook her hand in disbelief. She then walked over to stand beside Raphael.