Chapter 28: Two, ni, rua

That Wednesday was a particularly annoying day for Diamond and her feline companion. Josiah had gone to accompany his wife on a holiday with barely a day's notice to the vet company. While they had found someone to man the desk in his absence, the red-head teen with makeup so over-done it was cringe-worthy they'd found last minute to replace him made Lilly, Diamond and Ivy want to rip their heads off from sheer frustration.

They couldn't even leave at twelve thirty like they were supposed to because she'd booked in customers that required them right up until the store shut. Actually, she'd also booked in a few for after it was meant to shut.

Diamond and Lilly were texting Cathy a few minutes before their final appointments, updating her on the situation. They'd told her what the replacement was doing a long while ago. 

That's ridiculous, one of Cathy's texts read. Why didn't they just bring me in instead? Isn't that what people normally do..?

The day passed slowly thanks to the annoying replacement. April and Casey had visited briefly after school earlier in the day after Diamond told them the whole story via texting.

The two girls and one cat fidgeted impatiently, whether they were or weren't in an appointment, as closing time came closer and closer. One time while Diamond and Ivy were waiting for their next appointment (After the normal closing time), the elemental teenager was dealing with a Japanese customer asking for an appointment over the phone. The girl told her to tell the customer, a woman in her mid-twenties, to come in even later in the day, as she put down the appointment time for just that.

Let's just say, as soon as Diamond hung up and put down the appointment time for eleven a.m the next day, the replacement got shouted at by Diamond (And Lilly, when she'd finished her second-to-last appointment that had been occupying her attention during the phone-call.)

When they finally finished their final appointments, the two Asian immigrants (and Ivy) left. They made a beeline for the door, not bothering to say goodbye to the girl (Whose name was Kaitlyn).

Lilly, Ivy and Diamond hoped that the red-head wouldn't be hired again while Josiah was on holiday. Actually, most of the staff who knew of the situation (Which was most of them) hoped for the same thing.

The lone Hispanic member of the Vet's staff, who was fortunate enough to have escaped Kaitlyn's overtime bookings, had gone to complain to the manager before leaving for home at least 45 minutes ago.

As soon as Lilly, Diamond and Ivy emerged from the shop doors, they all sighed in relief, shoulders sagging.

"I swear, if that happens every week until Josiah is back, I will die," She claimed, whipping out her phone to text someone.

"No kidding," Diamond groaned, taking out her T-Phone. She'd told the turtles that she'd be coming home later and about the annoying, unenthusiastic replacement a few hours prior to that moment. She'd been chatting to a few of them as well, and Leonardo shared their annoyed feelings at the girl.

We're free! (Sent at 9:08pm)

Diamond sent the quickly composed message to April and bid goodbye to Lilly, before they went their separate ways. Diamond started running for the nearest manhole cover, really looking forward to returning to the lair more than ever.

Diamond's phone buzzed with a 'ding' sound accompanying it.

Oh, FINALLY! That replacement was so... ugh! Seeya soon! (Sent at 9:09pm)

Diamond didn't slow down in her excited sprint down the sidewalk (Which was becoming less and less cluttered by people as the new night progressed) as she composed another text message to April.