Sherlock's Birthday {Susanna}

A/N:: I looked it up and from what I found, Sherlock's birthday is the sixth of January.

January 6th

I wake up as early as possible and roll off the bed, hurrying into the bathroom with my clothes and grabbing a quick shower. I have to go in to work but I want to surprise Sherlock as well.

Last year I simply joined him on a case because that'sall he would allow me to do, but I can't get the day off so I'm going to make breakfast and give him his present. Then take him to Angelo's for dinner. I smile, running through the schedule in my head as I pull my hair into a french twist and head into the kitchen. In minutes the stove is hot and I'm frying up bacon, eggs, hash browns, and silver dollar pancakes. The latter will be served with honey instead of regular maple syrup since Ma sent another box full.

Sherlock eventually wanders out draped in a sheet, scratching his head, "Happy Birthday, Sherlock!" I cheer, still tending the tiny pancakes, "Sleep well, darling?" He smiles cheekily and walks over. I tilt my head up and we share a quick kiss.

"Fairly so. Ziva was particularly needy last night," He hums, "You did not have to wake up at such an early hour. You have work, Love."

"I wanted to make breakfast. You've been very diligent in doing so almost every day and have improved immensely in your skills," He smiles, "Plus Ma sent another case of honey that will suffice as syrup for the flapjacks."

"Flapjacks?" I chuckle.

"Pancakes. These, Sherlock." I point to the silver dollar pancakes and he nods with recognition.

"An American colloquial word?"

"Mmm." I turn back to the stove and he slips his arms around me, resting his head on my shoulder. In a few more minutes I'm finished and have plated everything, so I set it all on the table and grab the kettle of tea as well as the unopened carton of orange juice.

Sherlock wastes no time digging in and almost drowning his pancakes in honey. John should enjoy the nasty sugar high Sherlock's going to get. I eat as quickly and cleanly as possible, then clear the table when we're finished.

Next I drag him to his chair and have him wait while I head upstairs and grab his present with a wide grin. When I bring it down, Sherlock is almost waiting patiently, "I told you I don't enjoy celebrating my birthday, Love."

"It's important, Sherlock. We're celebrating you," I set the large box in his lap and clap my hands together, "Go on. Open it, Sherlock."

His fingers gently open the cardboard parcel and after a bit more digging he extracts a black lacquered electric violin, "It's missing quite a lot, Susanna."

I laugh, "It's an electric violin, Sherlock. I thought it would be fun for you to have one. All you need is a couple batteries and you're set." As he's staring at it I pop into the kitchen and retrieve the needed items.

"So I got you a digital piano and you got me a digital violin?"

"Yes." He pops in the batteries and switches it on. I grab his bow for him and remove the box from his lap. 

"I imagine you'd like to hear me play it before you go."

"I would." He lifts it into position and I almost burst out laughing when he starts to tune the instrument and is thrown off by the electrified notes. After he gets over the initial shock and lowers the volume, he thinks for a second before playing our wedding waltz. Which, on the electric violin, sounds a little more intense.

He finishes and I hum, "So..?"

"It will take a great deal of adjustment but it should help when I'm bored," Sherlock puts it away and I get up, needing to leave. I lean over and give him a kiss, "Thank you, Susanna."

"You're welcome, Darling."

Thank you for reading!! I've actually been wanting to see Sherlock play an electric violin but haven't found any fics where he does (I think he'd terrorize Missus Hudson and John to no end with it) so I incorporated it into his birthday!