Sherlock's Recovery

Five Days Later

"Love..."

"Mmm... Yes, Sherlock?" Susanna's brain kicked in and she rolled onto her back in order to see her flu-ridden husband. It was early morning and she hoped he wouldn't need to vomit again like he had been since he first caught the flu. The coughing and stress had done a number on him.

He laid on his stomach, face in the pillow, "I think I'll start working cases again today."

"Really?" Susanna slid her hand under his forehead. His fever had broken and he wasn't warm at all, "You're not running a temperature anymore but you still have to wait twenty four hours."

"Why?"

"To keep you from infecting other people and to make sure you're symptom free." Susanna answered.

"I've been restricted to the bedroom for six days!" Sherlock bemoaned.

"Sherlock, we don't want to spread the flu even further. Plus we want to make sure you're in tip top shape to get back to the game."

"I'm not staying in bed another day unless you stay too. You've been able to work every day and left me to John."

"John is a proper doctor. I bet his bedside manner is great."

"It is, but he's a doctor and he doctors me."

"So..?"

"He has become insufferable while mending my health. I much prefer him as my best friend, not my attending physician at deathbed."

"Then by making sure you're completely recovered, you'll ensure that John will no longer doctor you. Sherlock, he's only being thorough. He wants you to get better. You're not exactly the best patient either."

The detective hummed, "I make it my mission."

"Obviously."

Sherlock, who had his arms crossed over his head on the pillow, lifted the elbow closest to her. She could see part of his face peeking out of the pillow, "Cuddle."

"Cuddle?"

"We haven't cuddled enough since this pestilence befell me. The Oxytocin may help cure me." Susanna chuckled and rolled over and under his arm, facing him fully. He draped his arm over her shoulders and brought her closer.

"Better, darling?"

"Mmm..."

She smiled and wrapped her arms around his torso, "Good."

By the end of the day, Susanna and John were satisfied with Sherlock's condition and cleared him to return to consulting the next day. Sherlock was so happy he couldn't stop shooting the wall and playing his violin.

Yep. He's cured alright. Susanna thought to herself and retreated to the bedroom with a light smile. She was just happy he was back to health and not being dramatic about the flu.

It's short but I had to wrap this up. Thanks for reading!