WHAT AM I?

We're almost at 9,000 reads. That's amazing. 

Bell takes a deep breath. 

You can do this. Come on Bluebell. Suck it up. 

She opens the door to the medical institute of the palace. In other words "the place that made Bell's first months in the palace a living hell" 

Instantly when she walks in eyes follow her. She ignores it and heads towards Katy. To her absolute luck, she's standing by the head. 

"Katy" she says. 

They all stop talking and turn to her, surprise in their faces. 

"I got your money" she says quickly "as I said" 

she hands her a bag of coins "It's the best I could do, I hope it helps" 

Katy stares at the bag of coins in surprise then her face turns to anger in an instant and she says "I don't want your whore money" she snaps and walks way. 

Bell sighs and retracts her hand, looking at Katy walk away sadly. She feels somebody's eyes watch her and she turns to the head. She's looking at her weirdly. 

"You are a weird girl do you know that?" she asks almost...casually. No hate, no anger, no nothing. Just a normal, laid back question. Bells blinks at her. 

The head looks defeated as she turns around and walks away. 

"Kill them with kindness am I right?" says Erika, suddenly next to her. 

"I wasn't trying to kill them" mutters Bell "hey do me a favor Erika?" 

Erika perks up "sure"

"give this to her" she hands her the bag of coins "tell her its from somebody else" 

Erika stares at the bag for a second than says "wow" 

"what?"

"just...wow" she takes it "okay"

"thank you"

Bell is about to walk away when Erika says "why bother with her? she clearly hates you"

"She was my only friend when I first came here" she says "I owe her and this clears my debt" 

"so..." she says "you're not really a whore are you?"

Bell groans loudly and starts to walk away 

"no no wait" Erika stops her "I'm genuinely asking..." 

her sincere and sheepish tone makes Bell sigh and stop in her tracks. She reluctantly turns towards her but she only sees sincerity and a questioning look in her eyes. 

"no I'm not" 

"It's okay if you were" she says quickly 

"I'm not" she stresses "and I don't like to be associated with it" 

"why what's wrong with whores?

Bell says "I want to say something mean and condescending about whores but after being treated like one for a while, I think I can spare them the verbal from my side"

"It's very easy to be mean and prejudiced towards whores isn't it?"

"yea it is" she admits

"my mom worked as a "whore"" she says "her Job wasn't enough to pay for my education so she started working at a brothel to make extra cash. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for her"

Bell smiles sadly at her mother's sacrifices "that's sad"

"It is" she agrees "and I never forget it"