OUTBURST

This chapter is dedicated to jimmyjimmy5522 

I finally updated. Sorry for the long wait. 

-------------------------------

She didn't sleep last night.

Not a wink.

She's sitting on her bed, looking at her suitcase on the floor. She packed at night and has been sitting here till dawn.

Opening up about her grandmother yesterday has opened wounds so deep she can physically feel them. She's never acknowledged it before. Not since her grandmother... left.

She left.

Your only family left you alone to fend for yourself. She left you to live in poverty. She didn't care about you and here you are, years later still dreaming about baking cookies with her-

Stop she begs herself just stop it

She closes her eyes tightly.

Stop thinking. Please stop thinking.

"Bell you alright?" she looks to the source of the sound. It's Erika. She's frowning, looking sleepy in the dawn sunlight. Bell is suddenly aware of the wetness on her cheeks.

She blinks slowly "I'm fine" she says, her voice coming out hoarse. As if she's been screaming for hours. Bell wishes she screamed for hours.

Marry me please

She closes her eyes tightly again, his voice echoing in her skull.

Stop it Bell just stop

She opens her eyes and looks at Erika "I'm fine" she repeats "just nervous about leaving I guess"

Erika presses her lips together in a thin line "are you sure you want to leave?" she asks "you don't want to reconsider-"

Marry me

"no" she says abruptly "no I need to leave"

"it's not gonna solve your problems-"

"Erika please" says Bell, wincing "please don't"

Bell looks down, feeling heavy.

Erika sits on the bed. Bell tenses.

"Do you want to talk about what's going on?"

"Shouldn't you know?" Bell asks "you're not a very good spy"

"Bell-" her voice is hard but Bell interrupts

"I know I know" she says, sighing. Her voice can't be described as anything but tired "it's alright. I'm sure you meant no harm"

"I didn't" she says "you have to believe me-"

"I know Erika" she says "I know"

Bell gives her a small smile that doesn't convince either of them.

"thank you" she says softly "for looking out for me"

Erika looks sad.

"Is this goodbye?"

"yes it is" she says "it's long overdue Erika..." her voice wavers.

"I should've left the minute I knew his feelings for me" she swallows, urging herself to continue "instead I stayed and they've developed... and I've broken his heart"

Erika looks at the sadness on Bell's face. A look of pity forms on her own face, a look Bell sees everyday when she looks at herself in the mirror.