HONEST CONVERSATION

She gulps as she walks in

She gulps as she walks in. It's a gorgeous place. Tables are filled with food, hundreds of people conversing. The purpose of this annual ball is to unify the castle and bring everyone together in one room. She can see that. The place is filled with people but the size of the place stops it from becoming crowded. She appreciates that. She walks over to Erika, Katy and a bunch of girls. When she stops by them, they all run their eyes over her with a look disdain in their faces. 

"Couldn't you do your hair?" someone asks "you're embarrassing" 

before the sting can register Erika says "you don't need to do your hair, it looks fine" 

She smiles at Erika. 

"you're sweet" Bell says "thank you" 

She knows Erika is just being a good, supportive friend but truth be told she probably does look a bit repulsive compared to everybody else. Honestly she's officially done with the day. She wants to sleep. 

"Where's the head?" Bell asks "I want her to see me" 

"she's not here yet but don't worry she'll show up" she says "just loosen up, relax" 

She almost groans as she turns around then she sees something and her exhaustion instantly turns to anger.

Katia is there wearing a beautiful dress with a white fur coat. She looks beautiful.

That's not what's upsetting her. What's upsetting her is the fact that Luke is standing somewhere near her but they aren't so much as looking at each other's direction. The fact that their so discreet and devious just makes her...pissed. Maybe she should've told Arthur when Katia told on her. But it's too late now. Besides, this doesn't concern her. At all.

She starts looking for him but he isn't here. Talk starts to cease as the doors open and Arthur walks in with his mother following behind him. The crowd parts for them as they walk to the head of the ball room. The music and people stop until Arthur is seated on his throne and his mother is seated beside him. He urges them to go on with his hand and the music starts playing as people transform from status to themselves again. Everybody is intimidated by royalty. The once light, fun atmosphere is suddenly heavy with the crown's weight and Arthur's darkness.

He looks good. His hair is swept back the usual way and he's wearing, ironically, an almost red jacket. She looks away from him and back at Erika who's lively and conversing with people. She eyes the food but then feels nauseated.

"Oh thank god" Bell whispers as she spots the head. She walks straight to her. 

"I'm here" Bell says

The head raises an eyebrow "so?"

"I've been here for about 20 minutes" she says "So I can leave now...right?"

"you leave when we all leave" she hisses and Bell's eyes widen

"but Maggie said-"

"I don't care what she said" she snaps "you're not leaving"