Chapter 36

Warning: Short chapter ahead

Jessica’s POV:

Oh my goodness! We finally forged a common ground with the Land of Wealth.”Luciferrrrr!” Racing to the movie room with the golden envelope in hand, I barged through the black flowy curtains only to get shushed by my always irritated looking son as he pointed to the sleeping beauty who’s lying comfortably against his chest with his head rested under Lucifer’s chin. My son’s arms wrapped around his lover all so protectively and endearingly. Awww so cute!

“Oh!” Silently stepping back into a dark corner, I slipped out my phone and took only a few sneaky shots of around 150 and maybe a few short clips too, the whole time with Lucifer’s grumpy face in it for disturbing their privacy. “He’s so precious, ain’t he?”

“Indeed he is. I don’t know what I’m going to do without him.”

“You have many things you can do. First thing being completing all your paperworks. I swear your office is flooded with them. Second, your soldiers are getting flabby if you don’t continue with their training sessions.” I rambled out whatever I could make up on the spot, causing him to raise a brow at me.

“Oh please. I always complete them at night when you guys are sleeping and my soldiers are always trained by their Alpha so no worries. Mum, you’re just making up stories of your own.” Oops. Busted.

“Awwww. My son has finally grown up to be such a considerate and sweet person to his lover. I was still worried you’ll grow into an old and rusty and grumpy old man all alone. I’m sooo happy.” I faked sob.

“Are you done?” He rolled his eyes annoyed but nonetheless chuckled at my enthusiasm and drama. What? A mother will always want their children to grow up happily.

“Nope!” That made him sigh loudly before motioning me over to their side as I took a seat on the comfy carpet in front of them. “Sooo… spill.”

“Um… I’m planning to propose to Kai.” Ehhh?! Propose?! Did I hear wrongly?

“Isn’t it a little too fast?”

“Maybe but we’ve been together for more than a year already and I know that he’s the one I want to spend my remaining life with.” Seeing the firm determination and sincerity in his eyes, I couldn’t help but support him in his decision. I wouldn’t mind Kai officially being my son-in-law either. He’s a dear to us all.

“If that’s what you truly feel then as your Mum, I give you my fullest support.” A wide and grateful grin appeared on his face as he stroked Kai’s hair lightly before placing a light peck on his sleeping face. Awww. That’s so cuteee! Dammit. Why wasn’t I recording.

“Thanks mum.”

“So where’s the ring and where and when are you planning on proposing to him?”

“This Sunday… at the Land of Passion.” He blushed slightly in embarrassment, pulling his phone out of his back pocket after carefully shifting Kai slightly.

” He blushed slightly in embarrassment, pulling his phone out of his back pocket after carefully shifting Kai slightly

“Ahhh. That’s nice. I’ll help you two look after Amerie then. So where’s the ring?”

“It’s in our room but this is how it looks like. I’m not sure if he’ll like it though...”

“Wow

“Wow. It’s beautiful, Lucy. Kai will love it for sure.” It’s simple yet at the same time elegant and majestic. It really symbolises his love for Kai. Straightforward yet truthfully sincere.

“Thanks Mum. I really needed that.”

“Goodluck! Call me once he said yes.”

“Of course. Wait for my good news then.” He beamed gleefully before sending a playful wink at my direction.

“Sure sure. So… Land of Passion huh. So you gonna meet the risotto guy? The one who has a thing for you?”

“Hell no. No way. The last time we met during the signing of our peace treaty, he wouldn’t let go of me. Oh and his name is Vincentino, not risotto.” Oh yeah. Vincentino. I forgot.

Vincentino^

Vincentino^

“Ahhh he’s hot, ain’t he?” I playfully joked, hoping to see a reaction from him but he remained neutral.

“Yes but not my type. This angel here is the only one for me.” He’s whipped. I swear if I'm to throw him into an anime, his eyes will be shape of hearts now.

“You know what son?”

“What?”

“You’re soooooooooo whipped!”

“Shut upppp.” He whined in defeat, knowing that I was 100% right.

“Ouch! How dare you ask your own mother to shut up you brat. Your father must be rolling in his grave due to your behaviour.” This made him laugh heartily as I grinned at him, waiting for a smart comeback. Hey, it’s only fun like that. I need fun in my life okay?

“Oh please, the only reason he’s rolling in his grave is due to me having the balls to say that to you when he doesn’t even dare to utter a single swear word in front of your face.” Okay, he win. He knows his old man well.

“Heyyy. He just respects me more than you do.”

“Well I love you as much as he do.”

“Awww. Such a sweet-talker. I should warn Kai about this in case he falls victim in your trap. Oh ya, your letter.” After handing him the golden envelope, I brushed my skirt and grabbed my spy handphone well not so spy-ish handphone. It’s time to pick my beloved granddaughter up from school. I’m so going to buy her cake again on the way back. I wonder if she wants strawberry, chocolate or oreo’s today.

“I dare you.” He warned light-heartedly which I took no bother to.

“Challenge accepted.” Sending him a playful wink, I skipped out of the movie room,leaving him gaping like a goldfish. May he finally find his happiness.