Chapter 9

"You did what?!" Aleah screamed over the phone. I was soaking myself in the bathtub when she decided to call and demand every single detail of the past week and a half.

     "It was just once. I honestly don't see why you are so surprised by this, you are the one who said it was going to happen." I answered my ever so dramatic friend.

     "I didn't actually expect you to sleep with her!" She said to me. "I'm getting you a t-shirt."

     "What, why?"

     "It's gonna say 'vagitarian' on it." She laughed over the phone.

     "I'm definitely never going to wear that." I sad very unenthusiastically. "So what's going on back at home?"

     "Nothing too exciting." Aleah answered. "What about over there? I know the two of you did more than eat, swim, and compare breast sizes."

     "Yeah that didn't happen." I answered her. "We went to this spa a couple of times, played mini golf, swam with dolphins, oh and we went zip-lining."

     "Yep we definitely need to take a girls trip back out there some day."

     Genevieve walked around the half opened curtain, giving me a shy smile. She sat beside the bathtub and waited.

     "Hey I have to go, I'll see you in a couple of days." I told Aleah and hung up the phone.

     "So I saw on the pamphlet that there are some horse riding trails. I thought maybe we could check it out tomorrow." Genevieve told me.
     Almost immediately I froze. I haven't been near a horse since I was a child, a screaming child at that.

     "Um I don't know about all that." I said.

     "Please? I would at least like to go before we leave for home." She begged me.

     "I uh..."

     "Please Aless?" She looked at me, pleading. Those luscious brown eyes of hers make it incredibly hard to say no.

     "Sure." I whispered. Clearly I am setting myself up for certain doom. There's no way I am getting on a horse, let alone anywhere near it.
     After drying off and getting dressed. I headed down stairs to make me some tea. At the counter, I filled the kettle with water and placed it on the stove. Arms wrapped around my waist as Genevieve rested her chin on my shoulder. I glanced down to see her wearing an oversized, flannel shirt. Just the shirt, showing off her long tanned legs.

     "Be careful the oven is on." Genevieve said.

     "Are you making something?" I asked her.

     "Mac and cheese." She said smiling widely. I giggled at her.

     "Mac and cheese and tea? Doesn't really sound like a good combination."

     "The tea can wait than." She said, turning the stove off.
     She grabbed my hand and pulled me to living room. We sat on the couch and began watching a cooking show on the television. We later ate in silence until Genevieve nearly jumped three feet in the air.

"Did you see that? Tell me you saw that." She panicked.

"See what? I didn't see anything." I told her.

"The front window near the door, I swear I saw someone." She said, practically on top of me now.

"Hold still, I'll go look." I said and walked over the the front door. Opening the front door, I looked out and around the area. Not a person was in sight besides a security guard on a golf cart in the distance. I closed the door and locked it shut.