Chapter 22

When I woke, my head felt like it had been through a spin cycle, and my body was heavy as lead. It took me a moment to remember where I was – Keith's apartment. I scrambled up into a sitting position, regretting it immediately when the nausea hit me. I remembered coming back from the canal, and then...we must have gotten drunk.

Had I flirted with him? I wasn't wearing a shirt – a hundred scenarios raced through my mind, all of them culminating with Keith and I...oh no.

I heard one of the doors open. Cosmo trotted out, followed by a drowsy Keith. He was wearing nothing but a baggy t-shirt, and his ink-black hair was mussed up from sleep. He rubbed his eyes, then looked at me. It seemed to take him a moment to remember why I was there.

"Lance..." He groaned. "You're awake."

"Y-yeah..." I mumbled, covering my chest with the blanket. All sleepy and wearing the big t-shirt, he looked fucking adorable – it was unbearable.

"Did you sleep okay?" He yawned, sitting down on the other end of the couch.

"I think so." I replied, rubbing my head. "Do you...do you know where my shirt is?"

"Oh, sorry." He looked around the couch for a minute, then sighed. "Sorry, I really have no idea where it went after you took it off. I'll grab one of mine."

He trudged back into his bedroom – the thoughts I had about that room were downright sinful – and returned with a plain black t-shirt.

"It might be a bit tight." He said, handing the shirt to me. I pulled it over my head – he was right, it was pretty tight – catching the scent that clung to it. Keith's scent. I forced down the heat rushing to my face and crossed my legs beneath the blanket. I still had no idea what had happened the night before, but since we were in separate rooms, I deduced that we hadn't fucked. Judging by the state of him, though, Keith had been just as drunk as I had.

"Do you remember what happened?" He asked, as if reading my mind.

I shook my head. "Do you?"

He hesitated, then rubbed his temples. "Not everything. You got drunk and showed me how your tattoo is getting on." He paused. "I don't remember what happened after that."

I frowned. What happened after me removing my shirt could have been anything.

"Well, I guess I should probably head home." I yawned. "Did Shiro end up coming back?"

Keith shook his head. I stood up and stretched, staggering a little bit. The nausea returned. I needed to eat something.

"We can go grab some breakfast from the café if you feel up to it." He suggested, curling his knees up to his chest. "I'll drive you home after."

I nodded. "Sure, that sounds great actually."

~

Lance looked so fucking good in my shirt holy fuck someone please end me xoxo Keith

~

Keith and I headed down to the café after he'd put on some clothes – a band t-shirt and some jeans – and found it to be unusually busy. I almost walked out when I saw Hunk and Pidge sat with Coran in the far corner.

"Lance, my boy!" Coran called, waving Keith and I over. "And Keith! What a strange pair to see so early on a Saturday morning."

"Nothing happened!" I stammered, but realised that made everyone more suspicious. "We just like hanging out together, okay!"

"Shut up." Keith hissed, grasping my jacket sleeve with his fingers. "You're making it worse."

"So..." Pidge began, her eyes narrowing. "What did you two get up to last night?"