8

"C, Asher is here!"  Brent yelled up to me. I grabbed my purse and phone before walking downstairs to find Brent, Noah and Asher talking. When did Noah get here? They see me come down and I greet the boys before going over to Asher. I said goodbye to Brent and Noah before walking to Asher's car.

"So where are we going?" I ask as Asher leaves our street.

"Hmmm, I don't know if I want to tell you." He says then makes a face like he is thinking.
"I think you might just have to wait to find out." He says with a smirk forming over his lips. I roll my eyes before returning the smirk. After about ten minutes of a comfortable silence, Asher parks. I realize that we are at my favorite diner and squeal with excitement. Asher laughs and opens my car door for me. I step out.

"What a gentlemen." I say as Asher links our arms. We walk into the diner and sit in our usual seat.

"Hi my name is Susan are you guys ready to order?" Before I could reply, Asher cuts me off.

"Can we just get 2 large chocolate milkshakes? And make one of them to go." He says. Susan nods and walks away. I look at Asher.

"Sooooooo," I say not knowing what else to say.

"Sooooooo," Asher mimics causing me to laugh.

"I like it when you laugh." He says causing my cheeks to turn a light shade of pink. I instinctively out my hands on my cheeks attempting to hide my blush. Asher reaches over and grabs my hands before placing them in the table with his on top of mine.
"No no no," He says. "Don't hide that pretty face of yours." I didn't think it was possible but my cheeks got even pinker. Lucky for me Susan came over with our milkshakes causing us to separate our hands. Asher takes two of the straws and places the. In the large milkshake and places the one to-go off to the side. I chuckle at his cheesiness before leaning in to sip the drink. Asher copies my actions and our faces are only a few inches apart as we both drink the delicious milkshake.
"Cassidy there's actually something I wanted to talk to you about." Asher says causing my lips to leave the straw.

"Okay?" I say, confused as to what he was getting at.

"Um okay, here goes nothing. Well I think that the reason I was such a dickhead to you the past few years is because you made me feel a certain way. At the time I didn't know what it was, but now I do. It's love. When I told you I loved you I was so scared. But when you said you felt the same way, i felt as if my life couldn't get better." Asher sighs. "But seeing you in the hospital, so broken and vulnerable, and knowing that I was partially the reason, it made me realize that I can't push away my feelings anymore. So," he picks up my hands and puts them in mine. "Cassidy Rivers, if you still feel the same way, will you be my girlfriend?" My heart flutters as he finishes his rant. Holy shitballs! What the hellos happening? Do I like Asher? Dumb question.

"Y-yes,"I say quietly. "Yes I would love to be your girlfriend Asher." I say smiling at him. Right as those words left my mouth Asher's face was taken over by a huge smile. He immediately stood up from the booth and picked me up, swirling me around, cheering. I laugh loudly at his actions before being placed back on the ground. I looked up into Asher's eyes still overwhelmed with joy as his lips met mine in a short but sweet kiss. Once we pulled a part he grabbed the milkshake before intertwining our hands as we walked out of the diner. The entire ride home he wouldn't stop talking about how happy and lucky  he was to be dating me causing me to blush like crazy. Once we arrived at my house we got out and he walked me to my door.

"I had a great time Asher. Thank you." I say before hugging him.

"No problem pumpkin. Oh yea I almost forgot. Here," He says handing me the other milkshake. I looked at him confused.
"Well when I talked to Ethan, Brent and Noah about asking you to be my girlfriend, the only way Brent agreed to give me his blessing is if I got him a milkshake. Speaking of the devil thing one and thing two are actually watching us right now." I turn my head and look through my window to see Noah and Brent watching us with wide eyes and big  grins. I smile before turning back to Asher.
"Okay well I better let you get to sleep considering tomorrow is your first day back to school. Thank you for coming tonight and agreeing to be my girlfriend. I'll see you tomorrow pumpkin." He says before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight Asher." I say before walking into my house. Immediately being bombarded by Noah and Brent I roll my eyes and head up to my room. I'm Asher's girlfriend. Asher's my boyfriend. I have a boyfriend. Holy shit my life just keeps getting crazier and crazier I swear. Now I just have to get back to school tomorrow and face all the rumors people have made about me in the past week or so. But lucky for me I got my three best friends, Well two best friend... and my boyfriend.