23

Two weeks later

The past few weeks have been crazy. It was really nice to go to Disney and get away from everything. I haven't talked to Asher, Brent or Noah since my birthday. I also haven't seen them besides once at the mall because I was going to get Riley a birthday present. They didn't rly to talk to me and I didn't try to talk to them. Luckily I was with Peter. I haven't gone out on my own since the day I found out and I kinda want to. I have just been so scared of running into one of the boys and not knowing what to do. Well all I know is that today is NOT the day. It's all ready like 5 o'clock at night so I'm just going to watch a movie.

Well a movie ended up being three but that's okay. I was about to start a forth one but was interrupted by a knock on my door. I run downstairs to answer it figuring it's Tony because he said he would come over tonight. Man was I surprised when I opened the door with a smile on my face only to come eye to eye with the one and only Asher Norman. My smile faltered as we stared at each other.

"Can we please talk." He asks quietly. I sigh and let him into my house. I think it's time I confront my problems head on. I close the door and sit on the couch across from Asher. He just looks at me and I signal for him to begin whatever he wanted to say.

"I know I messed up. I only hid it from you because I was scared. I didn't want you to think bad of me. The gang doesn't define me. I convinced Noah and Brent not to tell you. They wanted to so badly but I convinced them by telling them that your parents gang and my gang are no longer rivals and we are friends. I wasn't leader when everything happened to you. I also didn't know until you tell me. I want you to understand how sorry I am and it makes 100% complete sense that you won't forgive me but please don't take it out on Brent and Noah. Its all MY fault and I'm so so sorry Cassidy." I stayed quiet the entire time he was talking. I didn't know what to say once he finished.

"Who was it?" I managed to whisper barely audible.

"What?"

"Who was it? Who took me and killed my parents? Asher that's all I want to know." He lets out a breathe.

"He used to be in the Gang But was murdered two weeks after they found you. I didn't know him personally but after you told me the story I asked around so I can find that son of a bitch but it seems like someone beat me to it." I nod. I mean what do I say?

"I know this is a lot Cassidy. But answer my questions?" He pauses. "Did you mean what you said at Noah's house?"

"What part?" I murmur.

"About Tony saving you and about you not l-loving me anymore?" He said the last part a little quieter.

"I don't know." I say truthfully. "I know for a fact that Tony has saved my life but about the other part, I-I just don't know."he nods his head.

"Do you love him?"

"I told you, I love all my friends."

"I mean, is he my replacement. I need to know who I'm up against." I let out the slightest chuckle.

"Tony is my friend." I sat matter of factly.

"Am I?" His eyes have a hopeful glint in them.

"Your AsherNorman. I don't know what will happen between us but I do know I'm not ready to find out. I need to move on with my life an I think you should to. At least until I'm ready." He nods and stands up. I follow his lead and he Luke's me onto a hug.

"Thank you Cassidy. I'll see you later." He says before kissing my cheek and walking out my door. What the fuck just happened?