36

"Are you guys ready?" Luke asks as he turns the key in our new house. We all nod and he sings open the door revealing the beautiful mansion. We all walk in and look around in awe. I can't believe this is happening. We all sprint up to our bedrooms and begin un packing. Asher and I's room was pretty spacious. The walls were a light grey and there was a bay window on the side of the bed which was sitting in the middle of the room. There was a desk against the wall with a large closet to the right. Next to the closet was the bathroom. There was a large tv on the wall facing the bed. After we were settled in we walked to the next room over which will be the baby's nursery. The walls were a very pale blue and there was a large window with flowy white curtains. Asher and I stand in the middle of the room.

"This is so weird." He whispers. I nod slightly.

"Which part."

"All of it. I mean we are living in this house, together and by the end of the year, this room will be occupied by our child. That's just, crazy."

"Yeah." I agree and we walk back into our room and we sit on our bed. I grab Asher's hand and he looks up at me.

"There's some things I actually want to talk about." I say earning a worried look from Asher.

"What's wrong Cass?" He asks concerned.

"I just, I just need to know about the gang. I know we haven't talked about it and we both kind of tried to forget about it, but, it has been such a major thing in my life and I need to know somethings." I watch as Asher looks at our intwined hands and nods subtly.

"What do you want to know?" He asks with a sigh.

"Well, everything honestly. Like how you got involved, how involved you still are, what happened between them and my parents, what's goin to happen when the baby comes? I mean there are so many things." He stiffens and makes eye contact with me before letting out a long breathe.

"My Uncle was leader back when I was born. He my entire family is practically girls and I was the only boy. So it was either I take the lead or my entire family hates me. I didn't find out about it until I was ten and my uncle got really sick. I agreed to it because I didn't want to let my family down. Luckily he got better and I remember when I was around 14 hearing about a master plan to get back at the Leopards, Your families gang. I didn't know much except that a girl was taken and overall her parents were 'taken car of'. It made me feel sick. I was so young but I hated knowing that my family as doing his to innocent people. About a year and a half later my uncle died and it was my time. I got sworn in and initiated as leader. It caused me to have to grow up quick. I spoke my part in front of everyone in the gang about how it's time for the feud and violence to end. Everyone agreed eventually. However for this to happen I had to talk to a representative of the Leopards. That representative was Tommy's step brother. Tommy didn't know about the gang though so don't be mad at him. We made peace and since then we have been peaceful. News got around the pat I was dating you and the skulls wanted to meet you to apologize for their passed relatives torment against you and your family." He explained. I nodded in understanding.

"What about the baby?"

"Well if it's a girl, she will have sooooo many people here to protect her. And if it's a boy, it would be up to him. I mean this is the first time two people from opposite gangs had a baby so if it is a boy, the gangs can finally be joined as one." I nod again, not sure how I feel about this. Asher can tell how apprehensive I am and continues talking.
"But we until I'm about to die to think about that so nothing will be happening for a very VERY long time."

"Thank you for telling me all this Ash."

"I'm just happy you can understand me now."

"Ash, I will meet the Skulls. Only if you want me to." Asher's eyes widen.

"Are you sure? You really don't have to."

"I want to. Finally get some closure." It's true. Maybe then I can finally end the grieving process and reoccurring nightmares about those terrible nights. It's time to end the pain and move on with life.