Absence Makes the Heart Grow Pain

It's been a week since I returned to my pack. I left on the Monday as planned as I had responsibilities to get back to. Christopher huffed with me and in all honestly I didn't really want to leave but my pack comes first, I'm the Alpha. I was reluctant to invite Christopher to join me as it wouldn't be fair to Michael to parade our blossoming mate bond in front of him.

Speaking of Michael, our relationship is strained. We are both still hurting and working together on a daily basis is hard work. Stolen kisses and intimate contact had made our long days together fun, but now we barely make eye contact and only speak about business. It hurts that our relationship has changed so rapidly. I miss him so much but honestly my mind is now consumed with Christopher.

Before leaving, we created a mind link so we could talk easily. We speak a lot during the day and even more so at night. Some conversations are sweet and supportive, some casual and getting to know each other and some longing and lustful.

Humans have a saying that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Humans talk bullshit because all I'm feeling is that absence makes my heart grow pain. My body aches for his touch, at nights I wriggle and writhe in my sleep as the pain of not being near him consumes me.

Everyone notices the change. I am more irritable and less focused and I have been put on my ass several times during training by even the most mediocre warriors. I am not my usual self and it is seriously pissing me off, causing me to be even more irritable and short tempered.

Furthermore, my arousal levels are through the roof. The slightest touch from anyone has me melting into a puddle imagining it to be Christopher's touch. I dream of him at night and the dreams are all consuming, waking me groaning in pleasure, my body dripping with sweat.

In an attempt to calm some of the sexual tension, I engaged him in a dirty mind link a few nights ago; like phone sex for wolves. He was surprised at first but eased into it, obviously struggling with his arousal as much as I am. It seemed strange as we'd only shared a few heated kisses but I was so desperate and willing to try anything to ease the frustration.

Dirty talking while we pleasured ourselves got me even hotter, it felt forbidden considering we weren't even close to doing anything like this when we were together. Hearing him pleasure himself while I played with myself got me so turned on, it wasn't long before we climaxed together. The satisfaction was short lived as it just made me crave the real deal.

Since then my mind has been filled of images of what he would look like completely naked, running his hands all over my sweaty body while his mouth— fuck, not again.

"Meila?" I shake my head trying to shake away my thoughts as Ayoke's strong voice comes from around my office door. She enters uncharacteristically awkwardly. Something is wrong.

"What's up, Ayoke? And please don't beat around the bush." My voice is irritable, I'm trying so hard to keep my cool but my body is a rage of sensations and emotions.

"Michael asked me to come and speak to you..." Her voice trails off and I roll my eyes.

"And?" I snap. She lets out a deep breath. I never really snap at her, not seriously, but everyone and everything is getting on my nerves.

"He's concerned that the smell of your arousal... well it's messing with the unmated males making them more aroused and more aggressive." She plays with her braids and looks at the floor while she speaks.

"Well what am I supposed to do about that!" I stand as I shout, huffing my hands to my sides like a child.

"Baby girl, you need to get some!" She snaps back, holding my gaze with an equally grumpy expression. Then we both burst out laughing.