#Goals

Preparations are well underway.

Carl's pack arrived three days ago and brought enough food and supplies to see us through these two weeks.

Training is going well and it is nice to see the packs working together. Tensions are high at times and things are a bit cramped, but I wouldn't feel more comfortable having any other pack by my side. Our packs are linked and we know we can fully trust and support each other as we need to.

Standing at the top of the hill, I look down over the hundreds of wolves on the training grounds. All fur and teeth as training is underway. Christopher, Carl and Michael have split off to work with groups and are pacing up and down, monitoring everyone's work.

I have been adding to my blood stores for the fight that is looming, but apart from that, I feel useless. Internally, panic is rising although externally I put on a good show of control and composure. Or so I think. Christopher sees right through me and has been doing his best to comfort me. Our bond is often unspoken and more about our connection and presence for each other. But these last few days he has been dropping little words of encouragement in as well as his subtle touches, loving embraces and passionate kisses. And it makes my heart flutter.

As I make my way down to the training ground, the warrior wolves become aware of my presence. They push harder, grunt louder and run faster the closer I get. I appreciate their efforts so much as we all know this will not be an easy fight. The Elite are coming here because of me. It's my fault they are targeting us.

Christopher's arms sweep around me from behind and knock me out of my thoughts. He tickles playfully at my stomach and nibbles at my ear causing me to giggle.

"I hope you are not overthinking again, sunshine." His deep voice whispers in my ear.

"You know me, overthinking is what I do best." I spin to face him and flash him a shy smile while tucking my hair behind my ear. His hands rest at the base of my back and he slips his thumbs under the waistline of my jeans, holding his hands in place.

"There are a lot of things you do best, baby, and I wouldn't put overthinking up there." He plants a soft kiss on the tip of my nose as he finishes and I blush.

"It's just meeting with Damien has brought up even more questions. Questions I don't know if I'll ever have the answers to" I flop my head forward onto his chest and it basically bounces off his rippling muscles. "Why can't our lives just be simple." My muffled voice has a slight whine to it and he responds by engulfing me in his arms.

"Nothing worth having comes easy." I pick my head up off his chest and look up to him, brow furrowed at his words.

"Is that some inspirational quote from the internet?" A small smirk flashes across his lips.

"Maybe. But I still think it's accurate." He offers me a small smile and I smile back. "Let's do something tonight. Just me and you. Let's pretend our world is not going to shit and just enjoy each other's company." He strokes at my cheek as he gazes at me lovingly and I grin at his proposal. I'm always down for a little alone time with him.

"We get a lot of alone time anyway, handsome." I wink at him as my voice fills with lust. He rolls his eyes playfully at my statement.

"I'd like to have more than a quicky in your office. I mean like a date, you little minx!" He reaches down and spanks my ass and I giggle again.

"A date it is." I say before landing a hungry kiss on his delicious lips. He responds quickly, pulling me in closer and prying my lips open just enough to slip his tongue inside. After a minute or so we pull apart, both sighing heavily and trying to calm our desire.