I Challenge You

As the days pass, Carl is getting stronger and stronger. The doctors have sent my bloods to a specialist for testing, but kept some to see if it helped cure the warriors who had been bitten. It appears to have cured all three, although they were healing much slower than Carl. Probably because he was stronger, being an Alpha and all.

Christopher and I continue to explore each other's bodies, by hand and mouth only though. I can't bring myself to go the whole way yet.

Although I am definitely falling for him, I can't shake the thoughts and heartache for my lost relationship with Michael. I loved him without a mate bond and I worry that the bond between Christopher and I is what I'm perceiving as "falling in love". I want to choose this for myself, not bend to the will of the Moon Goddess.

I know Christopher senses my apprehension, but he has been nothing but sweet and caring. Despite his anger outbursts when we first met and when Carl was ill, he is a wonderful man and treats me well. I can forgive him a few slip ups in difficult situations.

Michael is once again running things back at the Night Shade Pack. After Christopher and I had been intimate for the first time, I woke up to find he had left. I have been mind linking him about business and receive short and cold responses. I feel bad that maybe I had been too laid back with him while Carl was unwell. We had been getting back to our old ways and he clearly had some hope for us when he hugged me. I miss him too, and it is really messing with my head.

The Alphas will reconvene tomorrow, with some arriving this evening. They have all been researching the prophecy and I am nervous to hear what they have found. If they have found anything proving I will cause the fall of werewolves they will turn on me, I'm sure of it. As an Alpha, I know it's our nature to protect our pack. If I am a part of the threat I have no doubt they will come after me. And can I blame them?

My mind is consumed with negative thoughts as I sit in Christopher's office, watching the fire dance and crackle in the oversized fireplace.

My legs are crossed, arms folded and one hand plays with my lip, nervously pulling at the dry skin that sits on them. My eyebrows scrunch and release as new thoughts enter my mind until I feel a calming presence enter the room.

Christopher walks over and crouches by my chair, placing a gentle hand on my thigh. My gaze is still fixed on the fire but I let out a soft sigh at his touch.

"Can I do anything to help?" He whispers softly, drawing light circles on the exposed skin of my thigh.

I turn my gaze to him and my worries fall away leaving only lust and desire in their place. I bite down on my bottom lip and look at him seductively through my lashes. He flashes me his signature smirk before letting his hand travel up towards the hem of my dress.

I can't deny the feelings that consume me when he is around. I wanted him, all of him, but am I ready to be marked?

As I lean in for a kiss the door swings open revealing a grinning Carl.

He is basically back to his normal self and, as I'd found out quickly, that meant him being annoying and mischievous.

"Hey lovebirds!" He says cheekily while Christopher rolls his eyes and stands as I chuckle.

"Meila, you have a visitor." He bows as he speaks as if I'm the queen and he's my loyal servant.

"I think that bite might of driven you insane!" I say, faking concern.

"He's just happy I'm here." Ayoke's voice comes from behind him. I spring up and run to her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"I heard this barbarian bit you!" She squeezes tighter as she speaks.